Hacking Broke my hacked OS

CrackNubitte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. I am really new into the nintendo switch and hacking, so pls beware of me :P

I bought a hacked switch months ago and never used it. last weekend was the first time I was actually gonna use it, but it didn't load any physical game disk, always said that it can't read the disk...
I thought it's the hacking that causes the trouble, and as drunk I was, I tried to put the switch to default settings and deleted the S/D Memory Card aswell since I wanted to play the game badly and had no use of the hacked games. And now nothing will do. The switch will still only load with the S/D memory card, and all I get is a "cmd like screen" saying:
[hekate - CTCaer Mod v4.10.1]
Launch
Options
Toools
Console info
Reboot (normal)
Reboot (RCM)
Power Off

The guy I bought it from gave me a backup from the switch when it was already hacked.

Is there any option I can get the switch back to being a non hacked switch? and if not, can I use the backup to get it atleast back to open to the menu lol?

If the switch is gone, im fine too. but just gotta know :D cheers guys! sorry for my english

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am really new into the nintendo switch and hacking, so pls beware of me :P

I bought a hacked switch months ago and never used it. last weekend was the first time I was actually gonna use it, but it didn't load any physical game disk, always said that it can't read the disk...
I thought it's the hacking that causes the trouble, and as drunk I was, I tried to put the switch to default settings and deleted the S/D Memory Card aswell since I wanted to play the game badly and had no use of the hacked games. And now nothing will do. The switch will still only load with the S/D memory card, and all I get is a "cmd like screen" saying:
Launch
Options
Toools
Console info
Reboot (normal)
Reboot (RCM)
Power Off

The guy I bought it from gave me a backup from the switch when it was already hacked.

Is there any option I can get the switch back to being a non hacked switch? and if not, can I use the backup to get it atleast back to open to the menu lol?

If the switch is gone, im fine too. but just gotta know :D cheers guys! sorry for my english
I recommend asking in the Switch Noobs Paradise.

Reactions: binkinator

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Launch
Options
Toools
Console info
Reboot (normal)
Reboot (RCM)
Power Off

You need to uninstall AutoRCM. You can do it from within Hekate.
The console will be completely stock when booted without AutoRCM and you can use a jig to boot AutoRCM again when you want to boot CFW.
That's assuming it's not chipped with a SX chip or a clone, as those work differently and they don't use AutoRCM, and there is no way to disable the chip.

Edit: It sounds like it's chipped with something, because it boots directly into Hekate, but it could simply be an internal payload injector, or a SX modchip. If it's the former, you can simply uninstall AutoRCM, but if you don't have a jig, you'll need to get one if you want to boot into CFW again. They don't cost much.

I suggest keeping CFW, and just manually launching into RCM when you want to, no need for AutoRCM.
Launching OFW from RCM is a bit more hassle especially for a newbie who didn't hack their own console, and it isn't 100% stock, if all your CFW files aren't up to date, it might not work correctly, like you experienced. Those issues don't exist if you boot stock OFW normally instead of through Hekate.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof