Hacking Broken R4i gold (www.r4igold.cn)

Chris610

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, well my R4i gold i think is broken after trying to upgrade it to work on a DSI 1.4.3 i used the upgrade from the official web page (www.r4igold.cn) illto143.nds on a dslite it stuck at 42% after 2 hours waiting i turned off and now when i use the card no icon is displayed (before was some star wars icon) and if i get in the screens get white and do anything please if anybody knows a fix to this problem i'll thank you a lot.

Thanks for read this

Chris610

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that www.r4igold.cn thanks for trying to help
smile.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Chris610 said:
So.. is nothing i can do about it??
I don't think so. You could try flashing the update again, but you can't get your flashcart to load, so you won't be able to reflash.

Just buy a better cart like acekard 2i, r4i Gold (from here and not the one you have) or perhaps the SuperCard DSTwo if you have some money.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never touched an R4i Gold in my life, but you can't do with it what you can do with some other flash carts? Load the flasher program on a different cart, then before you start the flashing procedure eject the first one and put the bricked cart in?

Yes, I realize this requires two carts, which you sound like you don't have.

Chris610

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess i can borrow one from my friends and i kinda realized about what you say i will try that, but anybody knows a ds file to do that 'cause i don't know if it'll work with the one a did it before i mean the "ill143.nds" from the official webpage

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chris610 said:
I guess i can borrow one from my friends and i kinda realized about what you say i will try that, but anybody knows a ds file to do that 'cause i don't know if it'll work with the one a did it before i mean the "ill143.nds" from the official webpage
this bricked your r4? because it did mine, granted mine's a green R4i (www.ndsill.net), got the same file off this site. all it did was reach around 80% and then looped back to zero. now i'm trying to reflash it using a Supercard Mini (slot2) and an iEDGE as a passme (iEDGE wouldn't load the damn file, good thing i had a supercard and a dsphat).

i'm just crossing my fingers it goes right this time. X(

Chris610

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(Chris610 @ Sep 25 2011, 09:45 AM)

this bricked your r4? because it did mine, granted mine's a green R4i (www.ndsill.net), got the same file off this site. all it did was reach around 80% and then looped back to zero. now i'm trying to reflash it using a Supercard Mini (slot2) and an iEDGE as a passme (iEDGE wouldn't load the damn file, good thing i had a supercard and a dsphat).

i'm just crossing my fingers it goes right this time. X(

I hope it worked for you i didn't do it yet so let me know how it results for you XD

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Reflashing it with a different cart is definitely the best idea, if you have another cart that is. I bricked my R4i Gold 3DS on my first upgrade because my DS Lite ran out of power, but I used a CycloDS to load the program for flashing the cart and it worked like a charm once I plugged it into a charger. Just make sure you're using the right flasher ;)

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reflashing it with a different cart is definitely the best idea, if you have another cart that is. I bricked my R4i Gold 3DS on my first upgrade because my DS Lite ran out of power, but I used a CycloDS to load the program for flashing the cart and it worked like a charm once I plugged it into a charger. Just make sure you're using the right flasher ;)

Only r4i gold (r4ids.cn) and r4idsn (r4idsn.com) can be repaired this way.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Only r4i gold (r4ids.cn) and r4idsn (r4idsn.com) can be repaired this way.
acekard 2i and SuperCard DSTwo can also unbrick by swapping carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2