Hacking browserhax_fright_tx3g crashes Nintendo Switch

adam235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ethiopia
The browser seems to have a problem with loading video files. That's the reason why it will show the error message. You can try to load something from youtube.com. You will get the same error

Reactions: jakibaki

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Reecey,

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The browser seems to have a problem with loading video files. That's the reason why it will show the error message. You can try to load something from youtube.com. You will get the same error
Nope, I watched some YouTube videos on my Switch without any problem.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots and lots of regular every day browser crash methods work on the Switch, that doesn't mean they are any good to anyone :P

And besides, we can read/write to memory without even needing to cause a crash first, so crashes aren't really worth looking into currently.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
That only happens with the DNS Method. If you use the Charles method you can watch pretty much any HTML5 video up to 720p.
(HLS streams do not work sadly)

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh NO!!! this is very sad news :sad: I can see the Nintendo Switch going just the way the WiiU did or the Wii for that matter regarding software, this is really terrible news, if its going to be hacked so early on in development. Don't these people realize there just destroying a really promising console by Nintendo? all this early info coming through off hacking will just kill it off and put 3rd party developers right off from making great games like for example maybe a port off Resident Evil 7 by Capcom etc.. that's if it hasn't already.. If they hack it asap it will go the same way as the Wii did all there will be is 1st party titles and very dodgy crappy 3rd party titles from not very well known developers. Do you all remember titles like this on the Wii> "Deal or No Deal" or maybe even worse, "Major Minor’s Majestic March", yes, that's what sort of great games will be left in the end on your Nintendo Switch!

concern-troll plz go

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots and lots of regular every day browser crash methods work on the Switch, that doesn't mean they are any good to anyone :P

And besides, we can read/write to memory without even needing to cause a crash first, so crashes aren't really worth looking into currently.
Wait? People are already writing and reading to the memory of the Switch?

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The Windows Kernel is based on Windows. Thats doesn't mean anything.
If it is heavly rewritten, it is completly different. Just share the same base.

No. This is wrong in so many ways. The NT Kernel (what's currently in use with windows) is ALWAYS paired with >=Wndows XP as a userland. Windows before the NT kernel ran a DOS variant as the kernel (not necessarily MS-DOS if you knew what you were doing.) NT hasn't changed massively aside from the addition of things like KPP and pico processes either.

A better example would something like how XNU was originally based on Mach.

JackMacWindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could crash AFTER the exploit works because it is trying to run the 3ds exploit code on totally different hardware.
That's what I was thinking when posting this, since the 3ds and Switch code is different, and the memory values written may be off. I got the same error code when running the plain iOS 9.3.3 WebKit exploit showed by qwertyoruiop (not adjusted for Switch, but exploit still works).

Last edited by JackMacWindows,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
No. This is wrong in so many ways. The NT Kernel (what's currently in use with windows) is ALWAYS paired with >=Wndows XP as a userland. Windows before the NT kernel ran a DOS variant as the kernel (not necessarily MS-DOS if you knew what you were doing.) NT hasn't changed massively aside from the addition of things like KPP and pico processes either.

A better example would something like how XNU was originally based on Mach.
Ever heard of basic example so everyone could understand it?
All OS Systems have standards they have to use, OSI Layers for basic example. There is a reason why i made it a simple example as you see...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021