Hacking Question Buying smash after played on cfw

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've played smash xci on cfw but I plan to buy it and play online on ofw as I do today for my legit copy of splatton2, I don't use emunand today and I'll wait the cfw support on new fw

I want to delete any trace of it smash.. so I can buy it digital and play on ofw. deleting the game and saves in cfw would be enough or there anything else to delete?

I know there is a risk of ban for palying it before release .etc but I want to minimize it

thanks

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all of your wifi settings and unplug your ethernet cable, back up your nand with hekate (before doing any CFW stuff), play smash. When smash comes out, restore your backup, and then go onine and buy it normally

Reactions: ibds

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uhmm if you play on xci the switch will store the information of the game that you used, in this case the xci, So if you don’t want to be baneen don’t conect your console to internet before 7 of December. People were banned for play a early copy of octo travereler

ROYGES

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am tempted to do the same only I would use an NSP and my Smash whoch is already ordered would be a hard copy.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
If you dont have EmuNAND nor a clean NAND backup it would be hard to be honest. I mean you could try latter when the game comes out, but even if you delete the game some info would be on the console.

Reactions: ibds

TopKekMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you install any nsp on sys even if you detele it, you will be banned as soon you conect your switch to internet.
That's just plain misinformation.
I myself have 7 nsps installed (cartridge backups), am always connected to the internet and i'm still not banned.

Nobody knows exactly what makes a console get banned atm tbh

Reactions: Draxzelex

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it? Bullshit I mean.

Yes its bullshit

Some people get banned sure but others haven't

So to tell you that you will get banned as soon as you turn your switch on is completely false

Don't get me wrong you might still probably get banned but it wont be an instant type thing

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhmm if you play on xci the switch will store the information of the game that you used, in this case the xci, So if you don’t want to be baneen don’t conect your console to internet before 7 of December. People were banned for play a early copy of octo travereler
Damn thanks for telling me, i was about to connect to online this friday to update Kirby, i guess i will have to wait a little longer for that

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes its bullshit

Some people get banned sure but others haven't

So to tell you that you will get banned as soon as you turn your switch on is completely false

Don't get me wrong you might still probably get banned but it wont be an instant type thing
no, read the post of ban, is well know that install any sp is a big risk of ban, that is why XCI is more safer.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well just conect your switch with the nsp of super smash installed and try to go to the eshop, ;) lets see what happen

1)I don't have the nsp of smash yet.
2) Smash isn't released, so it doesn't count the same as a regular nsp
3) Going to the eShop is more than just turning the system on.

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reading all the comments I think the safest would be delete the save for Smash and do factory reset keeping the other saves that would clean most of the history

I remember doing this when my save for BOTW was not working on ofw digital after playing it on xci on cfw and the factory reset with keeping saves solved the problem.

I'll try this when the game launches

Tks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT