Call me a little bitch.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, after a year and a half, I made the decision to break up with my girlfriend.

it happened yesterday.

Now, for some reason, I feel like shit. Everyone tells me it's normal, 'cause it's what I wanted in the end, but why do I still feel like trash? I have work at 7am, it's 11:11pm, and I don't even feel tired now. I'm just upset.

In the end it's for the best, but I guess it still sucks. I feel like absolute shit.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eating a bucket of ice cream always helped me
smile.gif
cheer up bro, if you say it's for the better then it is!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way it'll truly get better is with time. The breakup was very recent, so this is completely normal. Try to take your mind off things.

Video games can help. Try playing something that isn't too addictive though.
smile.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Watch sad anime. You already feel like crap, so you might as well take advantage of that to watch some fantastic anime that'd just make you feel like crap anyway LOL.

anyways it's normal. Even if you chose to break up for the better, it's not like that magically makes any feelings or good memories you did have for the person go poof. Plus there's just the general "it sucks being single again" thing most people have.

Do something immersive and you'll eventually get over it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time heals all wounds. Except for serious physical injuries... then you need medical attention.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I agree...

Here's Nimbus semi-patented 9 steps to feeling better about any situation

1. Watch some anime
2. Eat lots of cheetos and chips
3. Eat..I mean drink lots of mountain dew
4. Use restroom
5. Watch some moar anime
6. Wonder why you cant stop watching anime
7. Realize something very profound and from watching... anime
8. Read some manga if you feel like
9. ?????
10. Profit!

No but seriously, as long as you can let go of the past...you'll be fine. People who choose to dwell in the past are consumed by their regret of what they could have done...or they become museum proctures...whichever comes first. Dont let your guilt consume you...it'll bring you only heartache, which leads to hate, which leads to suffering.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
No but seriously, as long as you can let go of the past...you'll be fine. People who choose to dwell in the past are consumed by their regret of what they could have done...or they become museum proctures...whichever comes first. Dont let your guilt consume you...it'll bring you only heartache, which leads to hate, which leads to suffering.
I can agree with this for sure, at least. I haven't done anything extremely bad, really, but I've done some things I really regret. Or at least I did regret them. I wished I could've gone back in time and fixed them... Now I've just moved on, and it feels a lot better. At first it was hard, but now I've realized I can't change the past and after saying sorry and fixing it as best I can is all I can do. Try to forget about it and just move on with it, and eventually things will get better.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stand up litlte bitch! There is only one real sadness and it is to be stuck in a relationship that stopped to function in a healthy, satisfying way for both people invloved

You did it like a man and spoke your true feelings to your gf you should be proud of it! better than pretending to love her still and wasting both your time and energy to get ur share of laundry/cooking/sex skills she could have had if there is no love there is no point

Peace out

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I went through this same thing 2 months ago, though it was the gf who broke up with me.

Immediately following the breakup, I cried.

Then nothing. Ever. Again.

Wanna know why? I kept telling myself two things. One, is that no amount of crying or being depressed is gonna bring you two back together, so why bother? You should have bigger things to be upset about. And two, shit happens, man. We go through it, we get over it, and we carry on with our lives. She will move on with hers and you will move on with yours.

Barely a month later, I found a girl from work who I INSTANTLY hit it off with. Two weeks later, I am happier with her than I EVER was with my ex of two years.

Basically, yeah dude it sucks. But you'll get over it. Things didn't work out for a reason. You'll find someone (hopefully sooner rather than later, if you so desire) that you feel way more comfortable and happy with.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot, really. Feels good to hear your thoughts, stories, and some of you who actually called me a little bitch made me laugh, haha. Feels good to smile.

It's been 2 days since I did it, and in all honesty I know why I did it, and I know for ME I made the right choice, it just still feels like shit. But I'm excited to move back in with my mom, go back to school, get my life straightened out, and all of that jazz. I'm really psyched to be alone just with friends and family, I don't need a relationship right now and I like my friends, so things will be good from now on I'm sure.

Also, I replaced anime with News Radio, which is a HILARIOUS show, so I've been doing alright.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
This never happened to me when I broke up with my GF.
She was so pissed-off she didn't even go to school for a couple of days.
I was ok with it since I got a new one a day later.

But back on topic: Just play some video games and eat a bunch of ice cream.
Little bitch

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
This never happened to me when I broke up with my GF.
She was so pissed-off she didn't even go to school for a couple of days.
I was ok with it since I got a new one a day later.

But back on topic: Just play some video games and eat a bunch of ice cream.
Little bitch
Wow, you're a dildo.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You've been with someone for quite some time, you are still going to miss the good times and still feel like shit about it.
It's going to hurt, but in time you shall move on and find love again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1