Hacking Can a backup from a 2.06 Vita be restored to a lower FW system?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The short of it is that I sold my old 2.06 Vita and bought a 3G one currently on 1.81 (which I plan on updating to 2.02 at some point). Unfortunately, I didn't think to back up most of my current game saves individually, and I don't think they were backed up through the PS+ cloud. All I've got is a complete backup file I made right before I wiped the old system and card; does anyone know if it's possible to restore this backup onto a system running something lower than 2.06?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to sign on PSN on your Vita to be able to use items / games on the Vita because of user-locks, so...probably won't work/boot even if you were able to move it back

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's workarounds for getting PSN accounts activated on lower-firmware systems; getting the Vita authorized with my PSN account isn't really the issue.

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my memory card today and tested; as I expected, it told me that I had to update to 2.06 or higher first. At least I can still use the Apache Overkill exploit. Just a note for those in the future facing a similar conundrum, as unlikely as it may be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey :) If I book mark the topic where can I read them?