Homebrew Can DSi homebrew access the 3DS SD card?

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

just a few questions about DSi homebrew on the 3DS:

1) Is DSi homebrew even possible? We can load DSiWare in sysNAND with patched signatures, so homebrew should be possible right?

2) Can it access the 3DS internal SD card?

I ask because I was thinking of loading .nds files from the internal card?
Because Wood FW for example is also "only" DS homebrew code which loads .nds files from the falshcard.

I was thinking what would happen if you reroute this access to the internal SD card from the 3DS?
DSi mode on the 3DS should boot .nds games right ? In theory of course .... just thinking here.

Regards.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
1 yes 2 yes

It's not easy to do, and I don't know if the interest is there given the availability of cheap DS flashcards.
Would be cool though.

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the Wood loaders are opensource i don't think any of the loaders are, you would have to build your own. what you want to do is possible, just not practical when you can buy a flashcard for cheap, but if you really wanted to do it you could do it

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be neat and save money plus those that may be unable to buy a flashcart or another one.. This may make life easier.. i have a old r4 but no longer works on my 3ds so all my old files just sit on my pc..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol