Hacking Can I install a CFW in my ps3?

RicardoR12534

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a ps3, model 20xx, that is on firmware 4.82 but the factory firmware is 3.66, can I install a CFW?
In the PS3Xploit Tools 2.0 thread, http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...-even-easier-to-install-cfw-on-4-82-ofw.16139, they say this:

***IMPORTANT***
You must pay very close attention to your PS3 SLIM Models depending on when the PS3 SLIM was manufactured will determine if your console can install CFW (Flasher Writer Compatibility).

For the 25XX series or even if your unsure about any of the models it is reccomnded you run the minverchk PUP >> (DOWNLOAD) & (How to use Minverchk) its a simply utility that show the factory installed firmware on your ps3 and for the CECH-25XX model if the utility shows 3.56 or lower you are compatible but if it shows 3.60 and higher that means your are NOT compatible to use the Flash Writer (CFW enabler for 4.82 CFW)

• Flash Writer Model Compatibility (SLIM):
    • 20XX NOR
    • 21XX NOR
    • 25XX NOR (3.56 minver. and Lower)
  • NOT COMPATIBLE (SLIM):
    • 25XX NOR (3.60 and Higher)
    • 3XXX NOR
It only says that the factory firmware needs to be lower than 3.56 on 25xx devices but mine is 20xx.
Can someone help me?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3, model 20xx, that is on firmware 4.82 but the factory firmware is 3.66, can I install a CFW?
In the PS3Xploit Tools 2.0 thread, http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...-even-easier-to-install-cfw-on-4-82-ofw.16139, they say this:

***IMPORTANT***
You must pay very close attention to your PS3 SLIM Models depending on when the PS3 SLIM was manufactured will determine if your console can install CFW (Flasher Writer Compatibility).

For the 25XX series or even if your unsure about any of the models it is reccomnded you run the minverchk PUP >> (DOWNLOAD) & (How to use Minverchk) its a simply utility that show the factory installed firmware on your ps3 and for the CECH-25XX model if the utility shows 3.56 or lower you are compatible but if it shows 3.60 and higher that means your are NOT compatible to use the Flash Writer (CFW enabler for 4.82 CFW)

• 20XX NOR
    • 21XX NOR
  • NOT COMPATIBLE (SLIM):
    • 3XXX NOR
It only says that the factory firmware needs to be lower than 3.56 on 25xx devices but mine is 20xx.
Can someone help me?
it says 20XX NOR is compattible and it doesnt specify a firmware that is needed

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then can you link me an updated tutorial, every tutorial I found tells me I cannot do it if my factory firmware is higher than 3.65

***IMPORTANT***

• 20XX NOR
    • 21XX NOR
  • NOT COMPATIBLE (SLIM):
    • 3XXX NOR
Can someone help me?
looks like the guide you read was not updated this is what the currect status is

PS3 Slim : Compatible only if your PS3 console with serial number 2xxxx has the minimum installable firmware 3.56 or lower. If your PS3 console with serial number 2xxxx has minimum installable firmware 3.60 or higher it's currently not compatible.
keep updated here https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-cfw-above-3-55-yes-with-4-82.311968/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel