Android Can I root my samsung galaxy s7 edge

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Go to xda-developers.com and do lots of reading on your model. Don't make a thread without doing lots of reading and searching because people there are sometimes strict. You can post on the noob threads there though.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thinking of rooting my galaxy s7 edge I have a snapdragon model, Verizon , and it is running andoird 7.0 night what are my options if u have any
Rooting isn't a problem and is fairly straight-forward. Won't be able to play pokemon Go.

There are a few custom roms out there, if you like that sort of thing. Won't be able to play pokemon Go.

There are some roms that are stripped down version of the official firmware, which is what I run. It removes most of the bloat, and still lets me play pokemon Go. The phone actually runs smoothly, it's great.

There is no custom bootloader, though, so you cannot install stock android 7 (as far as I understand).

All of these options are fairly straightforward. As long as you can follow a numbered list without deviation, you'll be able to do any of these.

Last edited by osaka35,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to xda-developers.com and do lots of reading on your model. Don't make a thread without doing lots of reading and searching because people there are sometimes strict. You can post on the noob threads there though.
no i know what my model is its a sm - g935v

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thats great and all but i have nougat wont that mess me up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo