Hacking Can I use one of these a Hardware Cloner to clone my 360 drive?

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use this Amazon.com: Customer reviews: WAVLINK USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual-Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5/3.5 Inch HDD/SSD with UASP (6Gbps), Support Offline Clone Duplicator and Auto Sleep Function [12TB X2 ]-Black to clone from one drive 2tb to another drive that is 2tb. Some on google say it works perfectly and others say it wouldn't work. I have read that it is a sector by sector cloning device so I don't really know why it wouldn't work. Any input? My HDD arrives tomorrow.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I have one from "Xystec" that looks similar to the one you have shown and works flawlessly...

TBH tho, I'd rather recomend gettgin any kind of usb-2-hdd connector for your pc then use a image clone software (suchas odin) to create an image and write it back to the new hdd.
=> much cheaper and more reliable.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH tho, I'd rather recomend gettgin any kind of usb-2-hdd connector for your pc then use a image clone software (suchas odin) to create an image and write it back to the new hdd.
=> much cheaper and more reliable.[/QUOTE]

Thing is I already own this machine, it seems very easy to just pop it in like a poptart, wait a little bit and then BAM, cloned harddrive. Would odin for sure be able to clone? The copy paste method seems like a pain, especially since I don't know if the xbox would recognize my current internal HDD if I connected it via USB.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use this Amazon.com: Customer reviews: WAVLINK USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual-Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5/3.5 Inch HDD/SSD with UASP (6Gbps), Support Offline Clone Duplicator and Auto Sleep Function [12TB X2 ]-Black to clone from one drive 2tb to another drive that is 2tb. Some on google say it works perfectly and others say it wouldn't work. I have read that it is a sector by sector cloning device so I don't really know why it wouldn't work. Any input? My HDD arrives tomorrow.

Expensive that. When I upgraded from 1TB HDD to 1TB SSD, I just used:

FATXplorer because FTP for me was too slow. Millions of little files estimated three weeks. - Just use any normal sata to USB or any normal sata enclosure to USB. Copy the files from your HDD to your PC using FATXplorer. You can run it in trial mode without issue.

Then connect new HDD/SSD, format in your 360. Connect to PC, copy old files to new drive done. - I think the whole process took me two days doing it through the above method.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think that would work, never tried it though. I just ftp'd my entire 360's internal hdd. it took a couple days, I think, for a nearly full 1TB drive with an ethernet cable. I didn't have any games, other than indie ones, on the internal hdd, so I didn't have issues with ftp screwing up.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
=> much cheaper and more reliable.

Thing is I already own this machine, it seems very easy to just pop it in like a poptart, wait a little bit and then BAM, cloned harddrive. Would odin for sure be able to clone? The copy paste method seems like a pain, especially since I don't know if the xbox would recognize my current internal HDD if I connected it via USB.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would.

I cloned my Switched microsd and all partitions (EmuMMC, Android, Ubuntu) work perfectly fine.

You need to house odin's image somewhere tho.
Might want to free up some space.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think that would work, never tried it though. I just ftp'd my entire 360's internal hdd. it took a couple days, I think, for a nearly full 1TB drive with an ethernet cable. I didn't have any games, other than indie ones, on the internal hdd, so I didn't have issues with ftp screwing up.

I have about 250gb full on a 2tb HDD. How long do you think it would take?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe 10 hours, not really sure. if you're afraid of the hdd failing or something, don't worry about it. I've had the same hdd in mine for about 10-12 years, and it's never given me any issues.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe 10 hours, not really sure. if you're afraid of the hdd failing or something, don't worry about it. I've had the same hdd in mine for about 10-12 years, and it's never given me any issues.
10 hours for 250GB? Really? Do I need to format new drive on xbox 360 or just pop it right in the toaster and it's g2g.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU