Can Rules Against Lecturing Be Added?

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of people here do not like that some people backup games. That's fine, but is it necessary to have these people act like Jesus in about half the threads on this forum accusing people of 'not being real fans' or other silly accusations.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
EDIT : I was banned from the Shoutbox because of democracy (I think)
Nah the staff just got tired of your shit.
I only saw about 3 staff members there that day and I didn't break any of the rules
ohnoes.png
(in the shoutbox)

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
mthrnite said:
If you're waiting for lilsypha to be subtle or endearing, grab some lunch first, ain't gonna happen real soon.

We manage this forum, and we don't always agree, but we work it out apart from the populace. We think as individuals, but we do our best to act as a unit. [insert unit joke here] A supervisor is there primarily to police the other moderators but we do step in when things get out of hand sometimes. The furry thing is something we don't feel is appropriate for this forum. In the same way that we step in to close down religious or political threads, we have begun to close down furry threads. If a group intends to forward their political point here, we may let it go for a bit for the sake of education, but when it starts to clutter up the forums, it will be stopped. So:
Look at me, I'm gay
Look at me, I'm black
Look at me, I'm Christian
Look at me, I'm furry
Look at me, I'm anti-pirate
Look at me, I'm making money on the internetz
Look at me, I have a big wing-wang
Look at me, I'm a left-handed lesbian midget albino

Well great, celebrate it in your sig if you want, but if you start getting militant about it, or band together with others like yourself and start marching around on the capital steps, your "freedoms" will be curtailed.

We are a community, but we are a policed community. If you have a problem with the management, you will be heard, but there's a point of diminishing returns that you'll surely reach if you keep going on about it after an answer is given.

It's been said a thousand times before, but I'll re-iterate: We are not a democracy.

Slow-Clap.gif

Bravo, sir! BRAVO!

If you don't like the way things are ran here, by all means let your voice be heard. And if you don't like the outcome of your slip of paper in the suggestion box, well...there's always somewhere else that will let you parade around, furry pride and all.

TL;DR version: If you don't like it, say something. If you still don't like it, deal, or GTFO.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mthrnite said:
If you're waiting for lilsypha to be subtle or endearing, grab some lunch first, ain't gonna happen real soon.

We manage this forum, and we don't always agree, but we work it out apart from the populace. We think as individuals, but we do our best to act as a unit. [insert unit joke here] A supervisor is there primarily to police the other moderators but we do step in when things get out of hand sometimes. The furry thing is something we don't feel is appropriate for this forum. In the same way that we step in to close down religious or political threads, we have begun to close down furry threads. If a group intends to forward their political point here, we may let it go for a bit for the sake of education, but when it starts to clutter up the forums, it will be stopped. So:
Look at me, I'm gay
Look at me, I'm black
Look at me, I'm Christian
Look at me, I'm furry
Look at me, I'm anti-pirate
Look at me, I'm making money on the internetz
Look at me, I have a big wing-wang
Look at me, I'm a left-handed lesbian midget albino

Well great, celebrate it in your sig if you want, but if you start getting militant about it, or band together with others like yourself and start marching around on the capital steps, your "freedoms" will be curtailed.

We are a community, but we are a policed community. If you have a problem with the management, you will be heard, but there's a point of diminishing returns that you'll surely reach if you keep going on about it after an answer is given.

It's been said a thousand times before, but I'll re-iterate: We are not a democracy.
I learned a lot of stuff from reading this post
smile.gif

I'm still a little shady on what a "furry" is. Can someone clarify? I assume it's someone who like's furry animals, game characters and then make their own version, of themselves, that are furry. And then a minority are into the bestiality part of it.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
I'm still a little shady on what a "furry" is. Can someone clarify? I assume it's someone who like's furry animals, game characters and then make their own version, of themselves, that are furry. And then a minority are into the bestiality part of it.
http://www.boingboing.net/features/furry.html it explains furries.
phoenixgoddess27 said:
QUOTE(N4RU70 FR34K @ Aug 28 2010, 06:12 PM) I only saw about 3 staff members there that day and I didn't break any of the rules
ohnoes.png
(in the shoutbox)

Yes you did.
Tell me what rules I "broke" if you can

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not all that bothered by furries.
They don't cause as much trouble as many others here, or at least in my opinion.
Sure, there's plenty of them and they may annoy some of us but showing open hate against them doesn't make any of us any better, just makes more drama for the temp, which we certainly don't need
closedeyes.gif

One of the reasons why people act out on the temp is because of people being free to break the rules and not get punished for it because they're well-liked.
But it's okay to attack furries for simply being furries? Or perhaps the furries attacking back and screaming, "It's because I'm a furry, isn't it?" Well-liked or not, that doesn't make either side better than the other.

Naruto Freak: This thread isn't about you, so I'll leave you guessing
wink.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This threads gone completely off topic.

phoenixgoddess27 said:
wink.gif

This thread isn't supposed to be about furries either, but look where we ended up.
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
This threads gone completely off topic.

phoenixgoddess27 said:
wink.gif

This thread isn't supposed to be about furries either, but look where we ended up.
biggrin.gif

Good point XD

Well, I don't think there should be any rule against lecturing, some lectures are necessary and some are not.
It's a flip of the coin.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Stilllll waiting on people to show quotes on things about plowing a man in a wolf suit.
If someone were to start posting non-sexual japanese "lolita" pictures on the forum, your grandma might think they were just pictures of cute little girls, and of course, they are. There is an undercurrent there however, and it's easy enough to play naive about it for arguments sake, but most people would see through it. Some would react with disgust at having to even think about it. Yes there is a difference between pedophilia and zoophilia, and each has their degrees and gray areas, but let's not get pedantic about it and just say that sexual fantasies of any sort will likely be moderated on this forum and leave it at that.

..and now we're getting to that diminishing returns part I was talking about.

So, to sum up.. there will be no rules specifically against lecturing, but if you see someone being a nuisance, by all means, report it. As for the furry stuff, keep it to your sig/ava please.

Unless anyone has anything pertinent to add to the topic, we may consider it closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)