Can Rules Against Lecturing Be Added?

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of people here do not like that some people backup games. That's fine, but is it necessary to have these people act like Jesus in about half the threads on this forum accusing people of 'not being real fans' or other silly accusations.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkat said:
I love that line "i'm too young for bills and get free money." All I have to say to that is, "I can't wait until you get booted on your ass."

Yes, free stuff is available on the internet, but not all of it should be free. Software licenses exist for a reason.

So...$20 budget title is an unreasonable amount of money to pay for a product that could provide you endless hours of entertainment? I hope you enjoy living without anything that costs more than $20. Furniture. Books. Rent.

Also - Ninty is far from faceless - we have Reggie, Miyamoto, and Iwata as very big personal faces for the company (I'm using Ninty as an example, because that is where most quality Wii titles come from), and Ninty does care about their fan-base. Remember Nintendo AU gave an entire class free Nintendo DS's because of a letter? Free Wii for someone whose Wii burned in a house fire?

Well, I have a long way to go before furniture and rent.
smile.gif

I understand the reason behind software licences, but I also belive that a demo should be obligatory. I know people wont work for nothing, but a bad game with a decent advertising campaign is daylight robbery.

^^See how we are both using oppisite extremes?
smile.gif

And nintendo giving away free stuff stinks of a publicity stunt. Companies want to make money, and will lose a bit to make alot.

Also, by "Faceless" I was thinking more Sony and microsoft. They are too widespread, Ninty can focus largly on gaming and entertainment, while the other giants are overburdened by their own success.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
SimpyDsi said:
smile.gif

I understand the reason behind software licences, but I also belive that a demo should be obligatory. I know people wont work for nothing, but a bad game with a decent advertising campaign is daylight robbery.

smile.gif

A long way to go? Average user here is (or at least acts like) 14. That's 4 years - it's really not much.

How is a bad game with good advertising robbery? IGN, Gamespot, GBAtemp reviews, --- Hell, anything on metacritic --- these all exist for a reason - to inform you on whether or not the game is just a hype train. That is not an extreme, nor did I use one.

Do you get to try out a plane trip before you buy the tickets? No! Do you get to try out a massage before you get it? No! Are there reviews of the airline or masseuse? Maybe. Are there for video games? Every single time there is a worthwhile game.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkat said:
SimpyDsi said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

A long way to go? Average user here is (or at least acts like) 14. That's 4 years - it's really not much.

How is a bad game with good advertising robbery? IGN, Gamespot, GBAtemp reviews, --- Hell, anything on metacritic --- these all exist for a reason - to inform you on whether or not the game is just a hype train. That is not an extreme, nor did I use one.

Do you get to try out a plane trip before you buy the tickets? No! Do you get to try out a massage before you get it? No! Are there reviews of the airline or masseuse? Maybe. Are there for video games? Every single time there is a worthwhile game.

Well, 4 years if I move out at 18.
And, uh...
I think you win there. My 14 year old self stands corrected...
rolleyes.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't need to be there if people like you weren't jamming your furry shit around the board all the time dude. Also, I'm not up in all of your nonsense furry threads shoving my thoughts on what I think of it down your throats. Since you want to bring it up by assuming you're somehow being cute about it -- it's disgusting, it shouldn't be on GBAtemp, and it's just as bad as what heat6jones is complaining about.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Wouldn't need to be there if people like you weren't jamming your furry shit around the board all the time dude. Also, I'm not up in all of your nonsense furry threads shoving my thoughts on what I think of it down your throats. Since you want to bring it up by assuming you're somehow being cute about it -- it's disgusting, it shouldn't be on GBAtemp, and it's just as bad as what heat6jones is complaining about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
So is your policy "do as I say, not as I do"?

I was pointing out how odd it was that you're talking about keeping your private views private... while you have "Say GTFO to furries!" in your user title, which shows up on every single one of your posts (and previously you had something larger in your signature as well).

And then, after I do absolutely nothing furry-related at all (I just took screenshot of your post and highlight some things) you decide to go on a public rant about how you hate furries... One post after telling somebody that private views should be kept private.

Yeah, I have a furry-related user title. However, there's a big difference between my user title and what I post, and your stance/title/actions.
Mine is playful and meant for entertainment.
Yours is based on anger and hate.

As an example, take this thread. As you can see, people are playing around and having fun, until you come in. You lecture me for something that's not against the rules, then lock the thread (so that I can't respond and your mocking of me stays visible and public), leave the "offending" content in place, and then double-warn my account.

Again...

That's why I pointed out how silly it was that you posted what you did when it's obvious that not only do you not follow the same advice yourself, but you actually let it spill over into your moderation powers...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Rydian said:
lilsypha said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

I was pointing out how odd it was that you're talking about keeping your private views private... while you have "Say GTFO to furries!" in your user title, which shows up on every single one of your posts (and previously you had something larger in your signature as well).

And then, after I do absolutely nothing furry-related at all (I just took screenshot of your post and highlight some things) you decide to go on a public rant about how you hate furries... One post after telling somebody that private views should be kept private.

Yeah, I have a furry-related user title. However, there's a big difference between my user title and what I post, and your stance/title/actions.

As an example, take this thread. As you can see, people are playing around and having fun, until you come in. You lecture me for something that's not against the rules, then lock the thread (so that I can't respond and your mocking of me stays visible and public), leave the "offending" content in place, and then double-warn my account.

Again...

That's why I pointed out how silly it was that you posted what you did when it's obvious that not only do you not follow the same advice yourself, but you actually let it spill over into your moderation powers...

No matter how you look at it, the furry shit is getting annoying.I really don't care if you like to plow into a man dressed in a wolf suit, I couldn't care less, and in fact I would just love if you would just shut the fuck up about it. You're here and you're furry. great.

I'm bisexual, but I really don't flaunt that fact around the board every other post either.

BTW its one thing to put it in your custom title. people hardly pay attention to that shit anyway.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:

1. I don't have a sig, and have not had a sig in years. Try harder to weave your web of lies.

2. Custom titles are a completely different from what this discussion is about (jumping into a thread and shoving your personal values down everyone's throat). We leave custom titles/avatars/sigs relatively unmoderated unless of course they become greatly offensive to the community at large. We allow users to proclaim pretty much whatever they want in those three little personal areas. Mine is in response to the disgusting perversion that has sullied the forum.

3. You were trying to imply in your cute little screenshot that my custom title negates the entire content of my post. Which it doesn't.

Rydian said:

4. That thread was appropriately closed -- in fact, I believe it was the very first thread where enough was finally enough. GBAtemp is NOT a furry forum. There are plenty out there where you can post pictures and pretend to be animals and whatever the hell else you want to do. GBAtemp is not welcoming to such perversion for the overall health of our community. The overwhelming response is that people don't like it, so we have to take action to ensure it doesn't happen.

As eloquently written by mthrnite:

Furry is a sexual perversion, like sniffing feet. We don't want foot sniffers posting pictures of feet for the purpose of other foot sniffers getting off on it. There are foot sniffing websites for that sort of thing. Same goes with furries. If you want to put a picture of a foot in your avatar or make the statement "Man, I sure do like me some feet!" in your sig, we have much less of a problem with that, though we would of course moderate that at our discretion. By saying all this, I'm not meaning to pass judgement on foot sniffers, merely saying that discussions that revolve around sniffing feet or other sexual perversions are not appropriate for our site due to the strong aversion that a majority of our members have of being exposed to such things.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Aug 28 2010, 08:25 AM)
but you actually let it spill over into your moderation powers...

Thank god someone has the power to moderate it. It shouldn't be here. End of story.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
1. I don't have a sig, and have not had a sig in years. Try harder to weave your web of lies.I may be mistaken there, as it was just a pretty simple large text with something like "SAYING NO TO FURRIES SINCE (insert year here)", so it may have been somebody else's post I saw in the same thread you were in.

lilsypha said:
2. Custom titles are a completely different from what this discussion is about (jumping into a thread and shoving your personal values down everyone's throat). We leave custom titles/avatars/sigs relatively unmoderated unless of course they become greatly offensive to the community at large. We allow users to proclaim pretty much whatever they want in those three little personal areas. Mine is in response to the disgusting perversion that has sullied the forum.I didn't post any "disgusting perversion", so what did I do to deserve that rant on furries from you? Since I didn't post anything I assumed it had to be my user title (or avatar, but freedom with those on forums within the rules is always a given).

lilsypha said:
3. You were trying to imply in your cute little screenshot that my custom title negates the entire content of my post. Which it doesn't.
While it may only partially apply, what you posted in response to me pointing that out sure as hell does...

And my response to the rest of your post is along the same line as my response to dudeonline, so I'll just quote him.

QUOTE(dudeonline @ Aug 28 2010, 12:36 PM)
No matter how you look at it, the furry shit is getting annoying.I really don't care if you like to plow into a man dressed in a wolf suit, I couldn't care less, and in fact I would just love if you would just shut the fuck up about it.
Mind telling me where I've posted that?

'Cause I sure don't remember posting anything of the sort. Ever.

If I did post it, it should be really easy to find, seeing as the forum's search function can returns posts as well as topics, posts by a specific author, and text within the post all within the same search.

So if I really did post what you just said I posted, please go find it.

EDIT: Damn typo.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
N4RU70 FR34K said:
monkat said:
The second half of this discussion makes me want to leave GBAtemp.
Hmm.... interesting
smileipb2.png
That doesn't make any sense at all...

Also, I don't think I made it clear, but my problem is that a supervisor of GBATemp is openly promoting prejudice against a certain group of it's members.
I don't think that shit should fly here. I mean, I'm sure as hell if I made a "all women suck, ban them from GBATemp" thread (outside the EOF) I wouldn't last long...

And I'm still waiting for people to quote to me where I say and do all the shit you all are accusing me of...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
my problem is that a supervisor of GBATemp is openly promoting prejudice against a certain group of it's members
Feel the same man.

Not into this furry shit myself but to me supervisors should approach the forum and its members differently and treat people the same without prejudice.

The "this is a gaming forum" excuse is pure 100% bullshit.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
monkat said:
The second half of this discussion makes me want to leave GBAtemp.
Hmm.... interesting
smileipb2.png
That doesn't make any sense at all...

Also, I don't think I made it clear, but my problem is that a supervisor of GBATemp is openly promoting prejudice against a certain group of it's members.
I don't think that shit should fly here. I mean, I'm sure as hell if I made a "all women suck, ban them from GBATemp" thread (outside the EOF) I wouldn't last long...

That's exactly what I'm saying. This isn't a forum solely about video games - we have a blog section and an eof section - why does it matter that the content involves anthropomorphic animals and/or humans in animal costumes?

For that matter - why would it matter if it was about sniffing feet?

Who the hell cares if some people get off on it - to everyone else it's just silly and/or negligible.

I have had no problem with "authority" at GBAtemp, even when I get called out, but this really is not acceptable.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're waiting for lilsypha to be subtle or endearing, grab some lunch first, ain't gonna happen real soon.

We manage this forum, and we don't always agree, but we work it out apart from the populace. We think as individuals, but we do our best to act as a unit. [insert unit joke here] A supervisor is there primarily to police the other moderators but we do step in when things get out of hand sometimes. The furry thing is something we don't feel is appropriate for this forum. In the same way that we step in to close down religious or political threads, we have begun to close down furry threads. If a group intends to forward their political point here, we may let it go for a bit for the sake of education, but when it starts to clutter up the forums, it will be stopped. So:
Look at me, I'm gay
Look at me, I'm black
Look at me, I'm Christian
Look at me, I'm furry
Look at me, I'm anti-pirate
Look at me, I'm making money on the internetz
Look at me, I have a big wing-wang
Look at me, I'm a left-handed lesbian midget albino

Well great, celebrate it in your sig if you want, but if you start getting militant about it, or band together with others like yourself and start marching around on the capital steps, your "freedoms" will be curtailed.

We are a community, but we are a policed community. If you have a problem with the management, you will be heard, but there's a point of diminishing returns that you'll surely reach if you keep going on about it after an answer is given.

It's been said a thousand times before, but I'll re-iterate: We are not a democracy.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
It's been said a thousand times before, but I'll re-iterate: We are not a democracy.
I knew it and people said they could ban me if we had enough people that didn't like me
rofl.gif

EDIT : I was banned from the Shoutbox because of democracy (I think)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep texasauras checks out as a 12 yr old, even tho claims is 36, ban material right there.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Can't you be small on ya? :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes he can put a small one on ya
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok, stock it in the kids section, 80% off. Manager special.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I wouldn't be surprised if this is susbaconhairman.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What makes pooping after a shower feel so great
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    bc you resist the urge to poop while showering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shit talker
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate when that happens, you just get out of shower n need to drop bombs. Guess I could of just used the shower and waffle stomped them logs into the drain.
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just get out of the shower, it slides right out when my ass is lathered and i don't need to wipe
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro tip: Girlfriends love when you shower together, you leave a tootsie roll in shower for her. Instant Love level +100
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if she eats it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then she's a keeper
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    ^^ This :rofl2:
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    i didnt feel very well in school cuz there was too much noise for me to handle
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also im gonna redownload touhou 8 bc the other day i accidentaly deleted it (and also try to beat it with other characters and harder difficulties)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Sensory overloads suck.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I totally get that.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro ultra tip: eat a bunch of Skittles or imitation gold flakes before leaving a duece in the shower for girlfriend, makes it flashy and classy.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pro ultra tip: eat a bunch of Skittles or imitation gold flakes before leaving a duece in the...