ROM Hack Question Can you mod games to allow recording where they usually wouldn't?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use sys-dvr with a certain game that doesn't usually allow recording. Is it possible to mod it to allow the 30 second capture feature? I'm specifically talking about Breath of the Wild's VR mode

Reactions: banjo2

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do we know if it is just a flag that disables things much like you might have things to prevent save transfer or is it a resources issue (think starts lagging when I try to capture) as well?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Do we know if it is just a flag that disables things much like you might have things to prevent save transfer or is it a resources issue (think starts lagging when I try to capture) as well?
Recording is disabled by default since it wasn't supported when the Switch launched so there's a flag in ndpm that enables it, the game needs to allocate vram for recording though so it's not as simple as just setting the flag to true. Can't remember the source for this but someone in AtlasNX told me when I was asking about a mitm module to just enable it for all games.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hadn't thought about it til now, but I've streamed 1st person LABO to 5ghz SysDVR for a good while now, and I suppose this would be the reason why that was even possible. 900p to a 720p screen with a slight CPU and 1600 RAM overclock is tolerable btw, and the FOV mod disables their terrible headtracking and allows controller gyro. Have fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof