10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That song is so awesome.

I don't know why, but the movie reminds me of the warriors and misery even though they're completely different movies.
wacko.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Holaitsme said:
That song is so awesome.

I don't know why, but the movie reminds me of the warriors and misery even though they're completely different movies.
wacko.gif

I love the original music in the movie, the classical stuff is great as well obviously, but the original score is so hauniting. It's one of the most suited soundtracks I've ever heard. You can actually feel the bleakness of Alex's soul if you know what I mean.

I can't see the Misery but I can definitely see what it reminds you of The Warriors (another awesome movie). I'm not sure if it's just the gang attire thing or the music but when I see The Warriors I always want to watch ACO afterwards. You know they're remaking The Warriors?

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Nov 7 2008, 04:16 AM) One of Kubrick's all-time best.

And if you don't agree, a nozh scrap any time you say.

Have you got the yarbles?

Agreed though. The film is a masterpiece. Each shot is beautifully composed, the music always suits the moment in the film and the acting can't be beaten. I know alot of people who don't like the film, but personally I think it goes over alot of peoples heads. Most go into it thinking it's just going to be an orgy of violence, then they're greated by nadsat speak and more philosophy than violence and it loses them. Shame it was banned in the UK for so long, a whole generation of UK film watchers missed out.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah shame it was banned, its pretty tame by todays standards when you compare it to garbage like Saw. Where they churn out 5 films in 5 years and have zero to say, this is actually carrying a message, a warning about where society is heading, and if anything society is already surpassed what the film was warning against!

Ultra violence p0wns!
yaypsp.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Yeah shame it was banned, its pretty tame by todays standards when you compare it to garbage like Saw. Where they churn out 5 films in 5 years and have zero to say, this is actually carrying a message, a warning about where society is heading, and if anything society is already surpassed what the film was warning against!

Ultra violence p0wns!
yaypsp.gif

I didn't mind Saw 1, it wasn't spectacular or anything but it passed 90 mins. They've definitely churned out way too many of them though. Saw 1 was OK because it was a straight up gore flick. it didn't try to be too clever. When it blew up though the writer/director suddenly though he was the smartest fucker in Hollywood and started added "Plot twists" which were fucking rubbish. I don't get why everyone thought they were so scary though, there was some nice gore and some pretty clever torture devices but no real tension. South Park The Movie had more!

I don't mind a movie without a message, as long as the movie knows it's just pure entertainment. These days though film viewers have been so starved of greatness that they see messages in shit like The Transformers! Even fucking Michael Bay thinks his movies are "special". Churning out shite after shite makes us alot of money from stupid people, that's about as close as it gets to a moral/message these days! Nobody really crafts a movie any more. It's one reason I've really gone off horrors, nobody really uses the art of special effects anymore. Gone are the guys like Tom Savini, it's all just very fake looking computer fx.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ima try and watch the movie asap so I cant watch or see any of this stuff.

Gonna watch it on the DS I think because I dont have to download multiple files. I stopped doing torrents a long time ago.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
R4man18 said:
Ima try and watch the movie asap so I cant watch or see any of this stuff.

Gonna watch it on the DS I think because I dont have to download multiple files. I stopped doing torrents a long time ago.

I don't know if it'll have have the same kind of impact watching it on such a small screen because of the way it's shot but it won't affect the plot and whatnot. There's not many movies I'd rate as highly as ACO regardless of the genre they're in, to me it's literally a perfect movie. Although after all my hype you'll probably watch it and go "What the fuck are you on about you tool"! What did you think of the book?

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the book was mind bottling like my mind was in a bottle. crazy ass book. never really had much time to read much so I usually keep with my few favorite authors but it was more than worth the read.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK the diffs trolly but im now curious about the movie. not sure if I will like it now. puttin nails in the coffin. but I guess expect nothing will be happy as hell when its good.

as for watching it on a bigger screen I think the biggest I can go is my laptop screen 15inch diag because I have younger kids around me a lot.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
R4man18 said:
IDK the diffs trolly but im now curious about the movie. not sure if I will like it now. puttin nails in the coffin. but I guess expect nothing will be happy as hell when its good.

as for watching it on a bigger screen I think the biggest I can go is my laptop screen 15inch diag because I have younger kids around me a lot.

From what I know there's a few things missing but everything major is in there, Toni would probably be able to tell us. Heh, although if you go in with low expectations you'll definitely be blown away by it so it could be a good thing. If you've got alot of younger kids around you alot then it's probably better not to watch it on the big screen! The violence is a little cartoonish but still pretty fucking brutal and the rape scenes don't pull too many punches either (well considering when it was made anyway). Plus the movies worth watching just for to see McDowell doing "I'm singing in the rain".

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Dammit the version I had was on VHS, so Im downloading it now, il have it in ten minutes (rapidshare)
yaypsp.gif

Trolly maybe you should start a film club thread, with like weekly recommendations, I would participate, I was shocked how many people didnt have a clue what a clockwork orange was, people are to used to watching FX heavy rubbish these days, they dont know about the classics!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Dammit the version I had was on VHS, so Im downloading it now, il have it in ten minutes (rapidshare)
yaypsp.gif

Trolly maybe you should start a film club thread, with like weekly recommendations, I would participate, I was shocked how many people didnt have a clue what a clockwork orange was, people are to used to watching FX heavy rubbish these days, they dont know about the classics!

I've been thinking about making blog posts reviewing forgotten classics like A Clockwork Orange and stuff. Just waiting for my 2-disc edition to arrive before starting on it. I want to have it properly fresh in my mind before doing it. That and I've just started the book so want to get that read first as well, that way I can do a mini-comparison between the book and the film. I've got ideas for lots of films (got like 250 legit DVDs in my collection)!
wink.gif
I was pretty shocked at how many haven't seen ACO as well.

QUOTE(R4man18 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:31 PM) thanks to pingy I can now watch it asap cuz I know its on rapidshare.
wink2.gif

Sweet, you're gonna love it. I started the book this afternoon, I've got up to the bit where they visit the writer at "Home". There's a suprising amount missing but in all honesty it doesn't detract from how good the movie is. They've kept the key scenes intact and the language is completely faithful. To be honest I actually prefer a couple of the film versions of some of the bits. The "Home" scene in the film is alot more menacing then it is in the book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: