Hacking Can you upgrade N3DS emuNAND from a game?

skfields01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Got a few N3DS's over the weekend on 9.0. Already got the Cubic Ninja exploit going so I can boot into the Gateway menu. Did my systemNAND backup this morning. Now I wanted to do the emuNAND. That is why I had all these questions.

Last edited by skfields01,

skfields01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious though. Why do you have to hold up when booting into Gateway Mode? Wouldn't it do the same without that? I mean boot into GW mode, load the cart and when it asks, do the update?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious though. Why do you have to hold up when booting into Gateway Mode? Wouldn't it do the same without that? I mean boot into GW mode, load the cart and when it asks, do the update?
It would update sysnand, no idea why you are over compicating this download the 9.5.0-23 files from the ISO site and use sysUpdater or titlemanager

skfields01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I have gotten some conflicting info on how to do it. If there was a guide, then maybe I would risk going that route.

skfields01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious. Code Name Steam shows a 9.4U firmware. Garfield Kart shows a 9.5U firmware.

Can any cart be used as a firmware upgrade?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just curious. Code Name Steam shows a 9.4U firmware. Garfield Kart shows a 9.5U firmware.

Can any cart be used as a firmware upgrade?
You can also use paddington adventures (lol) and puzzles and dragons mario bros edition. both are also 9.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty make people have their own character
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and be able to fight other players
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
    S @ salazarcosplay: or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience