Misc Can you use Nintendo Wifi USB connector with raspberry pi?

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to connect my DS to the Internet, but I don't have a compatible router. Instead I thought of buying an official Nintendo wifi usb connector and using it on my raspberry pi. Is it possible? Apparently most devices are supposed to work out of the box with linux but I might have to install other things first.

Another thing I thought of doing was setting up an access point on my pi. Except I tried, but I could only get it to use WPA encryption, when the DS uses WEP.

Is it possible to do either of those and not have to fiddle with my router's settings?

Awesome_Dude332

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm investigating a way to do this using a raspberry pi. I believe a program called RaspAp can make an open hotspot on pi. I have yet to do more testing. Heres a link to a video on how to download it.

Nippo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yea if you can set up a WEP hotspot with your pi it should work.

Very unlikely that you would be able to get the USB working on a pi as the original software was only usable on older versions of Windows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel