• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is placing a nationwide freeze on the sale, purchase and transfer of handguns, effective immediately.

MariArch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol. Glad the folks over there are willing to let this shit fly by so dictator Trudeau can trample over folks right to protest or revolt in the future.

If you’re a Canadian and not actively disobeying these stupid laws you’re an imbecile complicit in the perpetual rule of the establishment. Unjust law is meant to be broken.

And for you fellow Americans out there, if you’re not exercising your second amendment right and stockpiling your arsenal, you’re equally as stupid.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lol. Glad the folks over there are willing to let this shit fly by so dictator Trudeau can trample over folks right to protest or revolt in the future.

If you’re a Canadian and not actively disobeying these stupid laws you’re an imbecile complicit in the perpetual rule of the establishment. Unjust law is meant to be broken.

And for you fellow Americans out there, if you’re not exercising your second amendment right and stockpiling your arsenal, you’re equally as stupid.

When I look at people like you, I am glad I don't live in that shithole you guys call a country. I wished abortion stayed legal there, sometime it prevents people like you from being born and that's a really good thing.

MariArch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I look at people like you, I am glad I don't live in that shithole you guys call a country. I wished abortion stayed legal there, sometime it prevents people like you from being born and that's a really good thing.
I’m glad you don’t live here too fella.
Also abortion was never banned, unfortunately but go on.
This is based. Hope the US follows!~
Me too tbh. The civil war and the victory at the end will be worth it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Contrary to your opinion, protests can be both paeacefull and effective without people carrying handguns.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, so Americans should prepare for civil war 2 now?

If you’re a Canadian and not actively disobeying these stupid laws you’re an imbecile complicit in the perpetual rule of the establishment. Unjust law is meant to be broken
Dear Canadians: I'm sorry you've got morons like this at your South border. Please pay no attention to his insults: he's only using it because he's to wrapped up in his perspective that he can't fathom the idea actually being a good one. But it is.
Take it from someone who doesn't have school shootings in his country on a weekly basis.

Last edited by Taleweaver,

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you still purchase shotguns? If so I don’t care.

IMO the only legit way to defend yourself with a firearm is within your property. And for that you really want a bigass shotgun, even if it’s an old-school two-barrels.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man this bastard still hasnt banned knives! after what the guy did! he should be ashamed! and cars, and covid vaccines, the list goes on!

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to your opinion, protests can be both paeacefull and effective without people carrying handguns.

Oh, so Americans should prepare for civil war 2 now?

Dear Canadians: I'm sorry you've got morons like this at your South border. Please pay no attention to his insults: he's only using it because he's to wrapped up in his perspective that he can't fathom the idea actually being a good one. But it is.
Take it from someone who doesn't have school shootings in his country on a weekly basis.
I wonder if canada will reverse action on the nam era agreement between the US and them if trump returns and goes full blown dictator? (trying to find the name of it but it prevets US citizens from crossing and seeking assylum due to them being a go to choice for draft dodgers) pretty sure if that happens Canada will help (and other countries too) and accept refugees

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still purchase shotguns? If so I don’t care.

IMO the only legit way to defend yourself with a firearm is within your property. And for that you really want a bigass shotgun, even if it’s an old-school two-barrels.
So how should you defend yourself in public when you are being shot at or attacked with a weapon like an axe or knife? Asking for millions of people in NYC.

imagine being upset that you aren't allowed to own a gun?
How else is one supposed to defend themselves?

Reactions: supershadow64ds

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, my bad for those who desperately need a gun to feel safety. Your country sucks.

I couldn't even imagine a situation where I would need one. I'm living not in Sweden. Even the police rarely uses guns (about 150 cases per year countrywide!). And we say our police is violent...

Very sad to read that there are so many people who cannot comprehend a freedom without guns.

Reactions: Taleweaver

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So how should you defend yourself in public when you are being shot at or attacked with a weapon like an axe or knife? Asking for millions of people in NYC.

How else is one supposed to defend themselves?
I've never been shot at...because I live in a country without guns. So I don't NEED a gun to protect myself. Worse that'll happen is a fist fight. Guns just escalate things, what would just be a couple of punches and a bruised face is now suddenly possible death. I'm glad I don't live in a country where I feel like I NEED a gun to defend myself. You make it sound like this is a regular occurence for you, I really hope not, and if so, again, VERY glad I don't live in America, sounds awful.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been shot at...because I live in a country without guns. So I don't NEED a gun to protect myself. Worse that'll happen is a fist fight. Guns just escalate things, what would just be a couple of punches and a bruised face is now suddenly possible death. I'm glad I don't live in a country where I feel like I NEED a gun to defend myself. You make it sound like this is a regular occurence for you, I really hope not, and if so, again, VERY glad I don't live in America, sounds awful.
I thought knife fights happen often in the UK (Freind from the UK says to avoid London or stabby stabby) so they had to get rid of nearly all of them and note what.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I thought knife fights happen often in the UK (Freind from the UK says to avoid London or stabby stabby) so they had to get rid of nearly all of them and note what.
You're correct, many people are stabbed in UK, especailly in London and many of the youths don't leave their houses much due to fear of being stabbed, If guns were legal a lot of these criminal scum that go about stabbing people would think twice if they thought they were going to be shot. You even have gangs attacking people with Machetes. Just because some people live in UK where they have not seen this, doesn't mean it doesn't happen in other parts.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
London isn't some huge constant knife fight, there's definitely a problem with knife crime but it's a capital city with gang warfare and severely deprived areas.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't know? With your hands? Or pepparspray? Only low brain people think a gun is a solution to everything.
I live in Sweden, yet I've never needed to defend myself.
How is that going to stop you from an acid attack or a machete attack or some county lines drug dealling gang with knives?

In UK these things are rife now, with the influx off non native British people which has massively added to the problem, The police are pretty useless now nd don't even bother investigating most crimes - they are too busy appeasing BLM and the gays and stopping the public from attacking climate protestors that are blocking roads (which is a crime).

Also Sweden has the highest gun violence in Europe...which has increased tenfold since the 1990's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Sweden

What could have caused that - the influx of foreigners into your country perhaps???

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok then no