Hacking Can't create PKG

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to backup my own disc of Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection. I've dumped it and got my output folders, i have ran gengp4.exe and got my output from that. I then open the gp4 file with Fake PKG Generator and select my ouyput folder and selected build and i get an error about the size of icon0?! Any ideas from someone who has used this before?

Code:
[Debug]    2018-06-10 22:36:31 Create image Process started.
[Debug]    nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Debug]    (online check) Could not set up HTTPS connection. (Could not get proxy)
[Warn]    ( cfwprophet ) Hacked Version.
[Warn]    (online check) SDK Version 02.508 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Debug]    (online check) Could not set up HTTPS connection. (Could not get proxy)
[Warn]    ( cfwprophet ) Hacked Version.
[Warn]    (online check) Publishing Tools Version 2.89 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Debug]    icon0.png: 512x512/24bit.
[Error]    Format of the PNG file is not valid. (icon0.png, invalid filesize, 2741306 > 1048576)
[Error]    2018-06-10 22:36:32 Create image Process finished with error(s).

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure it was dumped 100%? Was there a *.complete file generated like this (link)?

Yes and i tried multiple dumps.

icon is the small icon for the pkg, you have to create the small size picture.

I know what and where it is i'm just not sure why it's not building or why i have to edit it if that's the case :)

OP i already answered this in another thread...

Do you mean here? https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-psp-injection.503103/#post-7958504 I didn't think of looking at a psp injection post! So i do need to edit and resize the files? Why do i only need to do this for some games and not all?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: God knows why that posted again... Tested Fifa and it worked ok i'm gonna download GIMP and give resizing a try. I'll check the properties of the Fifa ones and resize accordingly.

Last edited by Dave_Chad,
Reactions: KiiWii

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh i'm using GP4 Generator and not wanting to edit anything from this dump but it just wasn't playing nice. I have opened the icon0 in GIMP, saved as jpg as that has massive compression, then reopened it and saved back to png. It's building now and hopefully reaches complete. I just hope the icon isn't too noticeably compressed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i'm using GP4 Generator and not wanting to edit anything from this dump but it just wasn't playing nice. I have opened the icon0 in GIMP, saved as jpg as that has massive compression, then reopened it and saved back to png. It's building now and hopefully reaches complete. I just hope the icon isn't too noticeably compressed.

I used photoshop when I had to repackage a game, due to the fact I didn't like the icon that was used, I believe the icon needs to be transparent and 512x512 size.

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The funny thing is the dumped icon0 from the official game was 512x512, it was a 24bit png as well. Parameters looked ok but the file size was over 2mb. The one i converted ended up 352kb!

Installed and booting fine and no noticeable quality issues with the icon0 :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Saving as jpg then back to png seems to do the trick.

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally 24bit png.

If you have issues outputting to 24bit, export/save as jpeg (which is 24bit), open the jpg, save as png (interlacing Adam), and bingo: 24bit png.

Thanks this just helped me. For whatever reason the icon for the Uncharted Collection was 2MB+. I opened the file in GIMP, exported as JPG, opened that new file, exported as a PNG and it was fine. Shrunk down by at least 1/4

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep looking everywhere for answers but none of you guys are getting my error which says ''invalid color type'' what does that even mean????

CybeX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep looking everywhere for answers but none of you guys are getting my error which says ''invalid color type'' what does that even mean????

RareKirby I had this same issue my icon0.png file, it must be both below a certain size and the color space of the image has to be 24 bit for the package maker to take it.

I use (compress-or-die . com/png) to fix my issue and resize my image:

1. Open compress-or-die site (I can't post URLs, because I never post here lol)
2. Upload you icon0.png file and let it process (this file will be in the sce_sys folder of your dump)
3. Change the Size % slider on the right until you are under 1048~kb, (most likely it automatically already way below that)
4. Under Compress there is Bit depth. Make sure it is 24/32 Bit NOT 8 Bit.. I think this was your issue)
reize.png

5. Click the Download button to get your compress icon file.
6. Rename the file back to icon0.png and place it back in sce_sys folder (overwriting the old file)
7. Then follow normal build steps (run gengp4) get your gp4 file run it thru orbis-pub-gen to build your package.

Hope this helped get you to a solution.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is the dumped icon0 from the official game was 512x512, it was a 24bit png as well. Parameters looked ok but the file size was over 2mb. The one i converted ended up 352kb!

Installed and booting fine and no noticeable quality issues with the icon0 :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Saving as jpg then back to png seems to do the trick.
Sorry to revive an old thread but I found this thread useful last night trying to dump my copy of the Nathan Drake Collection. Using your suggestions and others I was able to get the fpkg to complete correctly and get around the icon0 error that was occurring, however, once it's installed on my machine i'm getting the CE-34878-00 error when trying to boot it up. I've tried both with just the base game and with the game + the update and i'm getting the same results.

Was there anything else you needed to fix on this one to get it to boot okay by chance? I checked the trophies and they are unencrypted, so that shouldn't be the issue. Keystone was dumped successfully as well it looks like.

If anyone has any tips on this i'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I'll probably try taking another dump of it tonight.

Other thing I was wondering is if maybe I need to go past the main start up screen and load U1, U2, or U3 first in order to get it to load more of it's assets when dumping....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of that error before, though never experienced it myself. did you dump the disc, and are you using an external hdd?

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of that error before, though never experienced it myself. did you dump the disc, and are you using an external hdd?
Yea I dumped it from disc and I am not using an external HDD minus for the dump itself, and for installing the fpkg back onto the console. I checked the trophies and they are unencrypted so I know it's not that.

I was wondering if it might be an issue with goldhen payload and that game? I was thinking I might try Mira with it tonight and see if it boots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg