Hacking Can't create PKG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure. I have an fpkg of that game, but it's not one of my dumps. I also recently bought the game on the ps5 for like $9.99 since I have that remastered version of part 4 preordered, and I've played none of the series. I don't know if it has to do with being on 9.00 or not, but I've personally never had a game dump/fpkg fail even when not using a gp4. seems like there are lots of issues on 9.00 when it comes to dumping games. ps4 dev wiki is pretty unhelpful with that error. it says to "initialize" the system, which is basically formatting.

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, not sure. I have an fpkg of that game, but it's not one of my dumps. I also recently bought the game on the ps5 for like $9.99 since I have that remastered version of part 4 preordered, and I've played none of the series. I don't know if it has to do with being on 9.00 or not, but I've personally never had a game dump/fpkg fail even when not using a gp4. seems like there are lots of issues on 9.00 when it comes to dumping games. ps4 dev wiki is pretty unhelpful with that error. it says to "initialize" the system, which is basically formatting.
Would you by chance be able to confirm the file size of that fpkg for me? I'm wondering if it's maybe just missing assets and needs to be re-dumped

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1641917419119.png

let me make sure it works as I don't think I ever tested it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i think a re-dump is in store for me tonight of this. I'm wondering if maybe I need to open up each game version once to get it to do the full dump correctly? Does that sound logical to you?
I doubt that would make a difference, but it might be worth a try, I mean what have you got to lose. though, I don't know if that can mess up a dump or not since you're supposed to minimize the game, but as I said, you've got nothing to lose anyway.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that would make a difference, but it might be worth a try, I mean what have you got to lose. though, I don't know if that can mess up a dump or not since you're supposed to minimize the game, but as I said, you've got nothing to lose anyway.
I've been using the Karo game dumper payload... I wonder if it would be wise to try another. Maybe Darkmodder or another one?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I have my non-legit packages saved in folders named after the firmwares they were dumped on. that game iirc is in the 5.05 folder, so it's a 5.05 or lower game. you could just download the game if you have problems with it. maybe dump the keystone from your copy, then extract the game dump, if it doesn't use a legit keystone, with orbis-pub-chk, recreate the package, then make it modifiable and inject the keystone directly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there's an update for the game, it's possible that this dump is both base game and update. that could be the reason for the size difference. V0102 could be an app version of 01.02 that's been merged into the master version (V). that's what will happen if you have a base game like that. I think it will force a master version as the base game can never have an app version higher than 1.00 iirc.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there's an update for the game, it's possible that this dump is both base game and update. that could be the reason for the size difference. V0102 could be an app version of 01.02 that's been merged into the master version (V). that's what will happen if you have a base game like that. I think it will force a master version as the base game can never have an app version higher than 1.00 iirc.
That makes sense actually. There is an 1.02 update for it. I was creating them separately. I wonder then if maybe they need to be merged in order to work?

I do know that the same error occurs even if I just install the base game only though...

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason a lot of people merge some games is that the base game isn't (A0100-A0100). there was, possibly still is, a bug with gengp4 which assumes the base game is app and master version 1.00, so when orbis tries making the update, it will error unless you modify it manually in the gp4 or rename the base pkg. it's possible the base game is master version (V0101), which would likely make someone do that. it's usually best to split them or at least it's recommended.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason a lot of people merge some games is that the base game isn't (A0100-A0100). there was, possibly still is, a bug with gengp4 which assumes the base game is app and master version 1.00, so when orbis tries making the update, it will error unless you modify it manually in the gp4 or rename the base pkg. it's possible the base game is master version (V0101), which would likely make someone do that. it's usually best to split them or at least it's recommended.
Yea that's what I had thought. I'm reading thru the "Looking for PS4 Dump help" thread right now that you were helping with, and there are some interesting tidbits in there. I was using the app dumper with the binload server turned on in goldhen. I'm wondering if I need to run that a different way (maybe self hosting) using the 9020 port alternatively?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that's what I had thought. I'm reading thru the "Looking for PS4 Dump help" thread right now that you were helping with, and there are some interesting tidbits in there. I was using the app dumper with the binload server turned on in goldhen. I'm wondering if I need to run that a different way (maybe self hosting) using the 9020 port alternatively?
you could try without goldhen. goldhen has some bugs.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try without goldhen. goldhen has some bugs.
So when you say try without goldhen, i'm a little confused exactly what i'm running to perform exploit? Would I use Mira instead? My process is usually just using Al-Assif's servers by going thru User guide with the DNS ports pointing there, then choosing goldhen to exploit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the exploits are built into the payloads as well, so you can run app dumper without anything beforehand or try bin loader by itself, then inject app dumper, whatever is available with that host.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only payload that I know of that does require hen is orbis toolbox. it will inject, but won't boot without hen being deployed first.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saw your post on psx-place. you should backup your app.db from system_data/priv/mms so you won't have this problem again. the problem with the database_rebuilder, maybe this is true of the one you're using, is that it disables your ability to delete games. you have to modify the database again with canremove=1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone