Hacking Can't create PKG

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saw your post on psx-place. you should backup your app.db from system_data/priv/mms so you won't have this problem again. the problem with the database_rebuilder, maybe this is true of the one you're using, is that it disables your ability to delete games. you have to modify the database again with canremove=1.
Ahhhh. Hmmmmn. Yea it fixed it for now, but I haven't tried deleting any games since I ran the python script and fixed it. Good to know.

So I would just add that "canremove=1" to the python command?

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you would open the app.db with sqlite browser, then change the canremove. I don't know if that's the reason it works or not.
Do you think it would be safe to test deleting a game first? Check my storage before and after too. I need to delete the broken copy of Uncharted collection anyway...

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but only if you rebuilt the database after installing the game.
Yea I did. This is what started the whole debacle was trying to rebuild the database in recovery thinking it would help make the game work... Then I realized what I did to all my other games lol. Spent my last two hours of the night researching and fixing that, getting python installed correctly, etc.

So if i'm understanding you correctly I would want to fix this ability to delete before attempting to install another FPKG?

Reactions: godreborn

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea so strangely enough, I have the option to delete any game that was in my library, except for this one giving me trouble...

I found canRemove listed in two different columns in my db file, but i'm not sure how to change it to a "1" to allow me to remove games... Any thoughts on this if you've done it before?

EDIT: I found where to edit it and re-uploaded it after fixing it for this game to the folder. Re-booting now to see if it now lets me delete it.

EDIT 2: Boom! Deleting now

1641945464871.png

Last edited by WiiU_Funkionz,

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be easier to manage your app db with sqlite browser. Not sure what you're using there.
Yea that's what I used. Got it all figured out. Appreciate all your advice! Re-dumping the game now using bin loader w/ 9020 port from Karo's site. Gonna see if I can make anymore headway with this second dump...

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn Soooo very happy to report back that my new dump works like a charm. Must be something to that suggestion Leeful had shared about using the bin loader that uses the 9020 port instead. Stoooooked!! Gotta love it when things just work. Even after banging your head against the wall a couple of times.

ReelModZz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is the dumped icon0 from the official game was 512x512, it was a 24bit png as well. Parameters looked ok but the file size was over 2mb. The one i converted ended up 352kb!

Installed and booting fine and no noticeable quality issues with the icon0 :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Saving as jpg then back to png seems to do the trick.
No it don’t I’ve tried just about every trick in the book and still get image errors

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head