Homebrew Can't get CFW games working with homebrew and USB helper

• Thread starter Deleted-444339
  • Start date
  • Views 11,086
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted-444339

OP
Yes the first time the CFW versions of the games were working on wiiu. I had to reset the system and now they install but don't show up.

I have homebrew on wii u and like the other games install and work but not the CFW. I might of forgot something else I need for the WII U games to work.

Thanks

Last edited by ,

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the first time the CFW versions of the games were working on wiiu. I had to reset the system and now they install but don't show up.

I have homebrew on wii u and like the other games install and work but not the CFW. I might of forgot something else I need for the WII U games to work.

Thanks

You need to run sig patcher first. What’s ur method? Do u have haxchi? Or just hb launcher? If just hb launcher then make sure run sig patcher app first from within hb launcher. Then games should start fine and wup should run. Once turn system off it clears so u have to do it again
Same if using haxchi. U have to run haxchi by clicking the game icon u installed it over and depending on config file if System menu is default it will return to homemenu then run those games or wup.
If System menu is set as a button then hold that button when u click the VC ds game u installed it over
If u install cold boot haxchi then u don’t have to run anything manually because it is done automatically on startup

Last edited by Tri-Z,
D

Deleted-444339

OP
You need to run sig patcher first. What’s ur method? Do u have haxchi? Or just hb launcher? If just hb launcher then make sure run sig patcher app first from within hb launcher. Then games should start fine and wup should run. Once turn system off it clears so u have to do it again
Same if using haxchi. U have to run haxchi by clicking the game icon u installed it over and depending on config file if System menu is default it will return to homemenu then run those games or wup.
If System menu is set as a button then hold that button when u click the VC ds game u installed it over
If u install cold boot haxchi then u don’t have to run anything manually because it is done automatically on startup

I have just the homebrew launcher. I will try that thanks so much.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just the homebrew launcher. I will try that thanks so much.

If you no have the hb App Store then get that then u can just dl apps right to the Wii U with no computer. U can even buy compatible VC ds game and get haxchi from App Store and install. Then u won’t have to use web browser to get into hb launcher

Minilandl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you no have the hb App Store then get that then u can just dl apps right to the Wii U with no computer. U can even buy compatible VC ds game and get haxchi from App Store and install. Then u won’t have to use web browser to get into hb launcher
I have a similar problem I'm using CBHC I run wupinstaller gx2 and installed captain toad I launched it and it froze on boot. I am using a 8gb class 4 card. Does the card have to be class 10 and 64gb I think this is the problem just checking.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is ur sd card formatted. I forget if had to format it a certain way or if’s that’s the 3ds I’m thinking of

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a similar problem I'm using CBHC I run wupinstaller gx2 and installed captain toad I launched it and it froze on boot. I am using a 8gb class 4 card. Does the card have to be class 10 and 64gb I think this is the problem just checking.
That wouldn’t be sd card problem once game is already installed. Cause now it’s ether on nand or external hd. Unless u are using a thumb drive with sd card plugged into usb. I’ve heard those have issues. U could try moving the game to nand and see if works. Then you can diagnose problem by eliminating if it’s the game or ur storage that is the problem

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Minilandl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How is ur sd card formatted. I forget if had to format it a certain way or if’s that’s the 3ds I’m thinking of

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That wouldn’t be sd card problem once game is already installed. Cause now it’s ether on nand or external hd. Unless u are using a thumb drive with sd card plugged into usb. I’ve heard those have issues. U could try moving the game to nand and see if works. Then you can diagnose problem by eliminating if it’s the game or ur storage that is the problem

I changed to a 32gb class 10 card and dumped my copy of smash bros then installed with wup installer which worked fine. then installed captain toad from the new card and moved the title to the nand and it also locked up on the title screen. I downloaded it with wiiu Usb helper so maybe the download was bad I have a pal wiiu and the version of captain toad is for a US console but Cbhc should allow those games to run. Should I try downloading the game for pal or what.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed to a 32gb class 10 card and dumped my copy of smash bros then installed with wup installer which worked fine. then installed captain toad from the new card and moved the title to the nand and it also locked up on the title screen. I downloaded it with wiiu Usb helper so maybe the download was bad I have a pal wiiu and the version of captain toad is for a US console but Cbhc should allow those games to run. Should I try downloading the game for pal or what.

Yeh I’d say try it ur better off having same region games as system anyway. I got USA version from Wii usbhelper and it worked fine. I have USA disc but was just easier to grab from there.
Did a save file for it get created when u tried to run it?

What are u using for storage also. I know u said u moved it to nand but do you have an external hardrive?

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Minilandl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeh I’d say try it ur better off having same region games as system anyway. I got USA version from Wii usbhelper and it worked fine. I have USA disc but was just easier to grab from there.
Did a save file for it get created when u tried to run it?

What are u using for storage also. I know u said u moved it to nand but do you have an external hardrive?

Yup I have a 1tb external HDD and will be attempting RegionHax because I need to play wii vc games from other regions is this safe I'm using this guide.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I have a 1tb external HDD and will be attempting RegionHax because I need to play wii vc games from other regions is this safe I'm using this guide.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/

I’ve never tried it. Says it’s safe from what I just read. I’ve tried a Wii eur game on my USA console with VC inject and no work so maybe do need a region hack even if have cbhc installed
I swore there was an app in hb App Store. But as I think about it it may have been if u have the disc of game. I’d check though to save urself some trouble. Seems alittle involved the process in link u sent me

Minilandl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’ve never tried it. Says it’s safe from what I just read. I’ve tried a Wii eur game on my USA console with VC inject and no work so maybe do need a region hack even if have cbhc installed
I swore there was an app in hb App Store. But as I think about it it may have been if u have the disc of game. I’d check though to save urself some trouble. Seems alittle involved the process in link u sent me
It dosent help that the place where it shows you where to input your IP address is broken it liked to a site like imgur with a dead link I might save myself some trouble by just using cfg USB loader

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It dosent help that the place where it shows you where to input your IP address is broken it liked to a site like imgur with a dead link I might save myself some trouble by just using cfg USB loader

Yeh that’s a lot of the trouble with things that came out awhile back. If not maintained then they die off
Usbloader gx I think works better from what I’ve seen

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A word of advice, on wiiu, if you install a game and it doesn't work, uninstall it before installing a new copy of it, or the corruption will still be present in the new install.

Minilandl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeh that’s a lot of the trouble with things that came out awhile back. If not maintained then they die off
Usbloader gx I think works better from what I’ve seen
Both work fine for me I have forwarders installed for both loaders. I'll probably just inject all my pal games and use a usb loader to play the rest and btw I managed to get captain toad working when I installed the pal version.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both work fine for me I have forwarders installed for both loaders. I'll probably just inject all my pal games and use a usb loader to play the rest and btw I managed to get captain toad working when I installed the pal version.

Oh awesome. I’m glad it worked out for you. I guess we know for sure cbhc isn’t region free

I made VC injects of my favorite games then with rest of collection I have a vwii hd with usbloader and nintendont use stuff

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC is region free, i have a usa console with lots of eur games on it, its just that some games that are out of region dont work.

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hi Minilandl,

I come to you because it seems like i have the same issue as you had with the game install. I'm also on CBHC, wup install the games and these ones freeze at launch. But, i've used to play the same zelda file/game on mu USB key before updating to haxchi and cbhc. How did you solve the probleme ? I DID install the pal version with Wiiu usb helper...

Thanks ahead for any help ^^!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw bc my sup m3 is dead im gonna use its sd card to mod my dsi