SunsetFelid2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
The Deep Void inb4 Pumpkin Season Returns
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing a similar problem listed in the auto-suggestions upon making my title, so I assume I'm ok in making a post asking about this. I'm pretty new to the homebrew scene, mostly just messed around with PSP CFW back in za day, and I share a hacked Switch with my girlfriend, who I usually defer to whenever I touch anything client side on this baby. I'm just really not confident.

To try and boost my confidence and also just cos, the default Switch themes are boring, I thought I'd install some custom themes. I looked up how to do it easily, I installed the latest NX Theme Installer and downloaded a theme I like off Themezer, one with a lot of likes just to get started. I got a package cos, if I'm gonna customize, might as well go the whole nine yards, and installed all of them before rebooting.
Error code flashes up on Atmosphere and it refuses to boot. I look up what to do in this situation (thankfully the NH Switch guide is easy to find) and delete the files I need to delete, it's working again. I figure, I just have to install them one at a time. My bad. My girlfriend suggests updating Atmosphere as well, so I do that.

I start installing the theme one piece at a time now. It works! Until I try to install the lock screen. I get the same error and do the aforementioned to fix it, again. I gotta assume at that point that something was wrong with the theme package and I find another I like. This one has more customizations too, so I start installing it piecemeal. Again I go to install the custom lock screen and it flashes the same error. Maybe if one popular theme is "bad", that makes sense, but two? I gotta assume I'm either doing something wrong, or maybe is my Switch not compatible with custom lock screens? Is that a thing?

I'm at a loss here, help a guy out!
Error code is: 2162-0002(0x4a2)

_Harris_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the latest version of themeezer installed which is supported by your atmosphere version. I myself had this issue on atmosphere 1.5.2. Turned out that the themeezer on homebrew store hadnt been updated to the latest version and i had to separately download it (themeezer) from github. You can also just download the theme files from themezer and install it off of NXtheme installer to your system. Make sure you have extracted your home menu in NXtheme installer though, you must do this step to ensure compatibility.

SunsetFelid2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the latest version of themeezer installed which is supported by your atmosphere version. I myself had this issue on atmosphere 1.5.2. Turned out that the themeezer on homebrew store hadnt been updated to the latest version and i had to separately download it (themeezer) from github. You can also just download the theme files from themezer and install it off of NXtheme installer to your system. Make sure you have extracted your home menu in NXtheme installer though, you must do this step to ensure compatibility.
I used a themezer package off the website, downloaded that onto my computer, and then extracted the .zip and transferred those files to the "themes" folder on my Switch SD card. I also installed the home menu first & the home menu theme works fine, as does custom player select screen upon picking a game, the custom settings menu, the all apps menu, and the profile pages, just not the custom lock screen.

_Harris_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a themezer package off the website, downloaded that onto my computer, and then extracted the .zip and transferred those files to the "themes" folder on my Switch SD card. I also installed the home menu first & the home menu theme works fine, as does custom player select screen upon picking a game, the custom settings menu, the all apps menu, and the profile pages, just not the custom lock screen.
you need the latest nx theme installer 2.7. Confirm you have that. Also you could try installing themezer to your switch from github and installing via that

SunsetFelid2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the latest nx theme installer 2.7. Confirm you have that. Also you could try installing themezer to your switch from github and installing via that
that is the version I have. I downloaded it day-of-post, so the version is naturally the latest available. I will try installing the Themezer app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...