Can't use edited/modded or not message.sarc in MK8D

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello! As said in the title, I edited 0100152000022000\romfs\UI\EUfr\message.sarc and the game crash on the Mariokart 8 title screen
Just to try, I used a non-modded to dumped from my own nsp and it crash too. If even a non modified one make the game crash, I don't know how to make it works... Does anyone know? Thank!
Switch, sigpatches, game and atmosphere Updated.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not quite following what you did.

It sounds like you tried to modify something. It crashed. Fair enough.
You then tried to run your own nsp and it still crashed? That would speak more to whatever modding setup you are using or dumper you used messing things up for you.
Or did you take your dump (which presumably runs), unpack and repack (or indeed extract and reinsert just the individual file), and now it is not working?

Anyway if you only edited one file and it crashed then great as you have a basis for finding out what went wrong (compared ot if you had edited 60 files).
Usual bets are you put an illegal character into the file (if it only understands a certain range and you went outside that or some combination that it did not understand), you messed up the pointers (games don't know where anything is in the game and don't have the resources to check), you messed up terminators (much like pointers and characters -- some things might expect a section to end on a certain value) or it was compressed and editing what looked like clear text messed something else up (a lot of compression works by referencing something else in the file, edit something that matched a later section in the original file and all of a sudden your change makes no sense for the game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game