Capcom to focus on making Switch games, including Ace Attorney

IMG_5480.JPG

Within the last week, Bandai Namco and Square Enix have both come forward to pledge that they will certainly be publishing more Nintendo Switch games, as they find the console a runaway success. Today, Capcom joins in on claim. During an interview with Jiji, a Japanese magazine, the Capcom COO claimed that there are multiple titles in the pipeline for the Switch, one of note being a new Ace Attorney title. This was the only series the COO mentioned specifically, (sorry Monster Hunter fans) but the majority of these teased games will reportedly be released in Japan by April of next year.

:arrow: Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if they just release all 6 in one package. Imagine all 6 with dlc on one cartridge. I would totally buy that. Otherwise, I'm just saving my money for the new one or the recent Phoenix Wright that hasn't be translated yet.

Apparently, it is more focused on Phoenix Wright. So Apollo probably wouldn't get that much screen time, if at all. Athena Cykes should get more screen time. Also wonder if Gumshoe will comeback.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still hoping for MvC Infinite to come to the Switch, probably after season 2 DLC comes out. And hopefully some new Mega Man games. But it's Capcom we are talking about so let me not hold my breath... of Fire.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the Xbox 360 and the PS3 being historical failures, nor the XB1 having an amazing set of third-party exclusives at its launch.
Both tanked badly at launch, companies still supported them. Xbone was obliterated by ps4, companies still support it.

The problem is not console sales, Switch or Wii U, it is the toxic user base that buys only Nintendo games because they are, either hipsters trying to look as enlightened gamers on twitter/instagram by playing Mario Rehash 27 while shitting on third parties for doing the same, or just soccer moms getting their mario for their child.
We all saw how these people behaved on the Wii U even after some companies provided excellent ports for Nintendo's rushed, duct taped together 3 Wiis, which wouldn't run even an past gen engine without wasting thousands of $$$ on optimization.

It was their fault, never Nintendo, no wonder they are ignoring it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1