Hacking Captain Toad DLCs & latest Update require console update. But how?

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Installing the latest update for Captain Toad and its DLCs, the game now requires the console to be updated.
Console is running SX OS so, how do I do this since it cannot connect to the Internet.

If it can't be solved for now, is there a way to remove the installed updates and dlcs?
Thanks

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Captain Toad update requires 7.0.0. Make sure you choose the "ignore system version" option in Tinfoil or whichever NSP installer you're using. It doesn't use the 7.0.0 master key, so this should allow it to work.
Thanks. I reinstalled using Tinfoil and it solved the issue. I will look into nsc_builder when back from a couple of weeks trip. Again thanks.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Installing the latest update for Captain Toad and its DLCs, the game now requires the console to be updated.
Console is running SX OS so, how do I do this since it cannot connect to the Internet.

If it can't be solved for now, is there a way to remove the installed updates and dlcs?
Thanks
use sx installer to install it will bypass 7.0 requirements for now

Reactions: dspair and Batpeter

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Use n1dus in future to install the update first and then the dlc’s with system requirements like this, job done’s! You should always use n1dus to install all your nsp’s in future don’t use anything else in my opinion.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use n1dus in future to install the update first and then the dlc’s with system requirements like this, job done’s! You should always use n1dus to install all your nsp’s in future don’t use anything else in my opinion.
What is different from tinfoil 1.0?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
What is different from tinfoil 1.0?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk
It’s a better more stable installer than any other available I swear by it, always use it! also no need to put your nsp in the right folder with tinfoil, just pop it on your route of your sd card and install. These other installers I agree they look fancy with loads of neat features but is that what you really want in an nsp Installer? Don’t you want an installer that installs nsp’s without problems? Yes and that’s all that matters and n1dus does exactly that, it’s basic and does the job flawless, agreed the dev left the scene and didn’t update it but he left us all with a damn good installer!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: bomigoton

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Or just use goldleaf
It’s ok but it’s not stable far from it, sometimes shuts your nsw down installing nsp’s it did with me trying to install the captain toad files also won’t delete your files properly unless you go out the app and back in again and delete I don’t think it’s nearly as good as n1dus, no way!

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed the 1.1.0 update & dlc & it works. You must be on 6.2 fw for it to work or you will get update prompt.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates have always required new system versions fairly quickly, especially considering that 7.0.0 is required to download the updates from the eShop in the first place.

Also keep in mind that these updates don't require the new master key, so they don't *actually* require 7.0.0.

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
It’s ok but it’s not stable far from it, sometimes shuts your nsw down installing nsp’s it did with me trying to install the captain toad files also won’t delete your files properly unless you go out the app and back in again and delete I don’t think it’s nearly as good as n1dus, no way!
If anyone has SX OS. They have an in-built installer which can covert split XCI's/NSP's (files are still split over there) installed onto the SD card but the fast loading times are just great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I dial 666 for help