Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Was playing Pokemon Emerald on my PSP (
laugh.gif
) showing my friend some things, when I went to the grass and saw a Shiny Poochyena
tongue.gif
I was with my lv 62 Raichu and a lv 57 Salamence and I didn't want to risk killing it (which was obviously what I was gonna do if I so much as breathed on it since it was only lv 3). Threw 2 Great Balls and caught it in the 2nd one
smile.gif
Here's the IVs and Nature. I used rare candies to get it to lv 50 so it wouldn't get random EVs.

2432jrc.png

This is my 2nd legit Shiny! (technically, the first one I caught since the 1st legit shiny I saw was on my Pokemon Sapphire Version like 6 years ago and I noticed it was funny but I think I either killed it or I just ran from it *see sig*)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember back in the day i had found 5 shiny Pokemon in Fire Red

a Machop, Zubat, Venonat, Magnemite and a Pidgy.

i had clocked so many hours into that game to come across all of them.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, forgive my ignorance towards Pokemon. Never got into it... However, what's a Shiny? Are they super-rare? Is there anything really cool that comes with em? Or is it more of the bragging rights that you caught it more than being a useful combatant?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WildWon said:
So, forgive my ignorance towards Pokemon. Never got into it... However, what's a Shiny? Are they super-rare? Is there anything really cool that comes with em? Or is it more of the bragging rights that you caught it more than being a useful combatant?

A Shiny is really rare in Pokemon games, the chance of seeing one is 1/8192. All they are is a Pokemon with a different color, in this case my Poochyena is yellow-ish. And yeah, they are mostly for bragging rights, even though nowadays everyone hacks Shinies.

QUOTE said:
Thats class,
Where did you get the table thing that shows the stats and details of your pokemon? Quality stuff.

Thats Serebii's IV Calculator. I had to manually input the stats @ lv 50 to find out the IVs.

I remember back in the day i had found 5 shiny Pokemon in Fire Red

a Machop, Zubat, Venonat, Magnemite and a Pidgy.

i had clocked so many hours into that game to come across all of them.

Thats awesome!

On a sidenote, why is the multi-quote thing not working for me?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh thanks
smile.gif
And congrats on your find! (hey, even if people are hacking 'em, when you find em legit, that's badass
wink.gif
)

EDIT: Multiple quotes work fine on my end. I dunno :-\

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WildWon said:
Heh thanks
smile.gif
And congrats on your find! (hey, even if people are hacking 'em, when you find em legit, that's badass
wink.gif
)

All I'm supposed to do is click on +quote and after clicking on all the quotes, go to the last post's "quote post", right ?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
WildWon said:
Heh thanks
smile.gif
wink.gif
)

All I'm supposed to do is click on +quote and after clicking on all the quotes, go to the last post's "quote post", right ?

hit Add Reply.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I saw a Shiny Shinx in Platinum and
PKRS virus in Platinum too.

Wonder PKRS vs Shiny,
Which one more rare? I read from some net, they said PKRS is more rare. =P

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if pokerus is more rare explain why I got it both times i have played diamond and never i have seen a wild nonhacked shiny in ANY pokemon game i have played (ruby, emerald, diamond, platinum, heartgold (J))

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
f3ar000 said:
if pokerus is more rare explain why I got it both times i have played diamond and never i have seen a wild nonhacked shiny in ANY pokemon game i have played (ruby, emerald, diamond, platinum, heartgold (J))
Probability is the likeliness of an event happening, it does not dictate when it will happen or even that it will happen at all.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I got really friggin lucky in my LeafGreen cart. At the very beginning of the game when I was getting the usual Rattata+Pidgey combo I found and caught a Shiny Rattata (Golden Brown colour) had no idea what it was at the time. I also came across a Shiny Gyrados fishing once, couldn't catch though
frown.gif

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
QUOTE said:
When it was introduced, the Pokérus had a 3 in 65,536 chance to be on a wild Pokémon. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a shiny Pokémon)

Source http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PKRS

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I remember my first shiny in emerald was geodude in the magma hideout. I was afraid it would use selfdestruct but I caught it with my first ultra ball! I remember my first shiny in general was a magnemite in fire red in the power plant. I was on my way to catch zapdos. Good times. Anyways, congrants!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its too simple what i have done
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You using the Smart camera extention, its nice, centers you on screen but with little lag so feels better than just Center player on screen. You can add/ subject lag amount also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i dont use it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i use the "center camera in object" action
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i cant find that smart camera extension
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, its called Smooth Camera
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa we should have a meeting with other forum memebers and take shrooms
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i think you would be a great trip guider
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I'd wonder off somewhere probably
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey made some Sun tea yesterday, and cut up some peaches in let sit in there w the teabags, shit is Da bomb. Bout to try it with some peach vodka..
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games