Hacking ** CAUTION ** - Nintendo Now Banning Physical Game Carts

D

Deleted-355425

and when they go online and they dont match the game they were for and ban them too.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do we know why ? I guess if they see the same dump online at the same time on 2 (or more) different locations ?

I'm asking since I start my own backups (yes, for real, it's just way more convenient to have all your dumps without cartridges) and don't really want to ban my own games...

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok but why ban a cartbridge ? A cartbridge is always legal no ?

Not when the original cartridge owner dumped it and sold as used for someone else and both are detected playing online, even if not at same time.

If the person just sold the cartridge as used and never dumped it before that, the person who buy that cartridge will be ok.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do we know why ? I guess if they see the same dump online at the same time on 2 (or more) different locations ?

I'm asking since I start my own backups (yes, for real, it's just way more convenient to have all your dumps without cartridges) and don't really want to ban my own games...
Remove the certificate and header from them just like BBB

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any case of someone with a banned console from playing online on both dumps and legit cartridges?
like for example someone who played online using one BBB dump and then got banned from using everything?
if there is no case like that is good news since i will only have to get cartridges for games i really want to play online(like smash ultimate)
well the bans just started so i guess there wont be a lot of cases like that

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Remove the certificate and header from them just like BBB

Wouldn't that result in a instant ban if the game connects online ? SciresM told that a NO_CERT sent to Nintendo servers would result in a immediate ban...
I don't really plan to play online TBH, but I don't really want to ban my console if I go online by accident (like hitting the wrong menu on MK8...).

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are we honestly expecting this to become a massive practice of some sort? If you do that, you would have to keeping buying or renting used games everytime they got banned, and I'm sure pirates don't have that kind of money or don't want to spend it that way. It'll be more cost effective to buy a original one to play online.

This is just mass hysteria, thinking that used games are doomed for online. Chill out people.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I have to worry about people selling carts on ebay being a problem for me or not? :unsure:

Since dumping a switch cartridge today is extremally easy, you must test the game's cartridge before buying it or risk yourself if you don't do that.

That only applies for used games, obviously.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since dumping a switch cartridge today is extremally easy, you must test the game's cartridge before buying it or risk yourself if you don't do that.

:ninja::mellow::sleep::huh::blink::wacko::wtf::(:sad::cry:

:hateit:

Sorry I can't find words to express myself right now.

230164262339739651.png

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You do realize that a lof people are not concerned by the Switch hacking scene at all (they probably even ignore it exists) and won't try to mess up with their console just to give you a dump (not to mention that you could scam them and go away with the dump, if you can start it...) ?

I think it's a nice move from them to only ban illegal game cards, and not the entire console

Nobody said they wouldn't ban your console. Read SciresM post on this topic, looks like they do both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: