Hacking ** CAUTION ** - Nintendo Now Banning Physical Game Carts

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only applies for who dump the cart and sell it after that (which is illegal, since backups are only allowed for physical copy of the game you own while you are using the digital backup copy).
So, this is well done by Ninty' side.
At least they are just banning the cartridge and not the entire switch.
Might be illegal on the seller's side, but the buyer is the one getting screwed!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Better get a cartridge certification ban than a console ban tbh

Don't speak to soon, Nintendo will implement measures to protect their IP and actual console bans maybe in the process now after collecting all the data needed to throw down the "Hammer". Plus, no fool should be going online full stop with a backup, cart on CFW, regardless and deserves any type of ban imo.

Get a 2nd console for online legit use and keep the other one for offline ONLY use for exploits/homebrew and playing copies.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't speak to soon, Nintendo will implement measures to protect their IP and actual console bans maybe in the process now after collecting all the data needed to throw down the "Hammer". Plus, no fool should be going online full stop with a backup, regardless and deserves any type of ban imo.

Get a 2nd console for online legit use and keep the other one for offline ONLY use for exploits/homebrew and playing copies.
How do you know? you have proofs? or that's pure useless speculation?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
How do you know? you have proofs? or that's pure useless speculation?

Why do you need proof? it's not rocket science to know that these measures are always set in place in some way or another.

Look at the past console bans on modded consoles like PS3, 360 and 3DS and it's not like Nintendo are going to give a free pass to everyone using a exploited Switch online now lol.

Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wow is this for real?
is this about an original game cartridge ban here..?

Yes, it's for real.

It's not a cartridge ban just for the ban, but yes because Ninty may be checking their online system login/register of accounts and which games they used.

If you use your mind, you'll see that the rule of being online at same time is not something absolute, instead, just need a search on onling logs and they may had find two or more copies of same cartridge (which, obviously, have same ID and so on) and banned them.

Simple as that.

Seeing that Ninty had put huge security checks on switch just show how they are acting against piracy, homebrew and so on now.

batiti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe nintendo decided not to ban switch consoles...
I assume it is a good commercial decision ===>if pirates' consoles arent banned, thus they may decide to buy games to play online and subscribe for nintendo online !
if the console is banned , every one will not buy another console...and those who keep their banned switch without buying another wouldn't buy games anymore, nor getting nintendo online

Reactions: itsjch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it is a good commercial decision ===>if pirates' consoles arent banned, thus they may decide to buy games to play online and subscribe for nintendo online !
if the console is banned , every one will not buy another console...and those who keep their banned switch without buying another wouldn't buy games anymore, nor getting nintendo online
Two hackers have Switches that are console banned so they have not given up on console banning. It may depend on the type of offence you have committed.

batiti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Two hackers have Switches that are console banned so they have not given up on console banning. It may depend on the type of offence you have committed.
I know that, maybe Nintendo management had a meeting quite lately, and decided to change their strategy. Future will tell us

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually good... I hope is that Nintendo never ban for atmosphere if you never play online, then you can remove the SD and play your original game online without risking a ban...

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay everybody, here is what we need to do.

Everybody buy a game cartridge, rip the cert, and resell the cartridge as used. AFTER you have sold the game, post the cert online for pirates to use. Repeat as often as financially possible.

Somewhere we can build a giant database of cart certs. Eventually, there will be so many innocent bystanders banned that Nintendo will have no ethical choice but to reverse the bans entirely.

Oh yeah, and shame on everybody who actually participates, unethical bastards :P

Reactions: NeoSlyde

crotchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay everybody, here is what we need to do.

Everybody buy a game cartridge, rip the cert, and resell the cartridge as used. AFTER you have sold the game, post the cert online for pirates to use. Repeat as often as financially possible.

Somewhere we can build a giant database of cart certs. Eventually, there will be so many innocent bystanders banned that Nintendo will have no ethical choice but to reverse the bans entirely.

Oh yeah, and shame on everybody who actually participates, unethical bastards :P
yea cuz a 100 to 1000 bans will make a big impact on games that sell millions of copies.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

They are banning switchs which logged suspect activities and so on and locked them from any online feature, except for system updates.

And that's a good strategy, since if a hacked and banned switch can't access eShop, can't buy any game and also can't dump them and make them avaliable for public.

I just don't know if BBB and other switch cartridge dump group had their switchs banned already..

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Expected, and very good that they are doing this tbh if you want to play online you should not be able to do so with a modified console.

As far as I'm concerned it's win-win, it also stops me accidentally going online with a backup and fucking my account up properly (more than usual risks anyway). There's a few times where I've accidentally forgot to turn airplane mode on and booted a game up.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there ever a problem of it happening with 3DS headers? I don't think it will be a widespread issue. And an email to Nintendo with a picture of the game and the sales receipt should be enough to have it sorted out.
headers were different they only applied to people using a sky3ds and each person only needed one header and there were plenty of $5 games you could get a header from.
this is likely to get considerably more cartridges banned.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
If banned cartridges start showing up in the second-hand market, the responsibility will be on used game retailers like GameStop to do the right thing and check each cartridge before putting it up for sale.

Not that they will do that. And Nintendo doesn't care because they'd rather sell you a new copy, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...