Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can use wupinstaller but you need to be in a cfw to boot the second haxchi wich you always should be if you autoboot sysfw with cbhc

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
So all nintendo have to do is "update" the respective title on the eshop, the console will download the update and the console bricks?.

Also I dun goofed and left USB plugged in, console restarted with the config page and I chose boot to HBC and just reinstalled. Didnt have any issues, though i thought if you mess up like me then you got a brick on your hands?. No excuse just forgot, maybe installed can check if USBs are connected and refuse to continue?. I'm aware you have to remove them but its just that I forgot, was so worried about bricking I forgot about this important point :D

Last edited by charlieb,

Guglio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on sysnand(cbhc), title installed with wupinstaller work perfectly but when i install haxchi on ds title don't work..

Last edited by Guglio,

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
One last thing: Wupinstalled vc won't work with this? If you installed it then booted it with sigpatches, wouldn't haxchi install permanently or you'd need to run sigpatcher before haxchi, basically making chbc impossible?

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can access sd and usb from ftp though so you can let it copy to nand directly.
Which FTP program will let me do that? I tried with winscp but wasn't able to. I didn't see a copy function. I tried ”moving” a file to USB from SD but got an error.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing a secondary haxchi is risky since you can overwrite the DS VC that's using coldbooting.
My advice would be to install haxchi first, then install CBHC after. This way you have no chance of accidentally overwriting the wrong game. Even after you update an existing haxchi installation, you can play it safe by reinstalling CBHC right after.

If you have a noob friend who has no control of what he/she does, just give them Homebrew Channel Launcher.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing: Wupinstalled vc won't work with this? If you installed it then booted it with sigpatches, wouldn't haxchi install permanently or you'd need to run sigpatcher before haxchi, basically making chbc impossible?

in order to use cbhc you have to have legit vc game
also haxchi is replacing the rom inside the vc

Last edited by wolf_,

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
in order to use cbhc you have to have legit vc game
also haxchi is replacing the rom inside the vc
That I know, but is it possible to use it with wupinstalled game? Once installed and booted with sigpatches wouldn't haxchi install permanently? Or could you install it and have to boot it with sigpatches, rendering it useless?

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That I know, but is it possible to use it with wupinstalled game? Once installed and booted with sigpatches wouldn't haxchi install permanently? Or could you install it and have to boot it with sigpatches, rendering it useless?[/QUOT

the only way you can use a fake signed vc game is if you do signature patching first but you cant not use a fake signed vc game for use with chbc and the system has to have a legit license for the game you would maybe brick the system

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That I know, but is it possible to use it with wupinstalled game? Once installed and booted with sigpatches wouldn't haxchi install permanently? Or could you install it and have to boot it with sigpatches, rendering it useless?
The wupinstaller-installed game wouldn't have sig patches, so you couldn't use it as an entry point.

If you try this, a brick is likely.

Polarise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could I uninstall ColdBootHaxchi? I want to re-install haxchii as there is a new update that allows signature patches for sysconfig tool to be installed and homebrew launcher app installed.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uhm, but cbhc contains the exact same patches as haxchi so whats the point? I'm the dev of both after all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe