Homebrew Official centipede arcade emulator port for 532

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My great coding skills I guess.
Are you calling coreinit references constantly? If so, you should be able to get some speed ups by doing what vgmoose did, which he wrote about on the "Speedup Tricks" part of this git.
https://github.com/vgmoose/space
"Drawing was a pain here, but I found I was able to greatly increase my drawing speed by moving all of the coreinit.rpl function pointers into a struct and passing that around to the drawing library. This is possible because the pointers do not change, so looking them up every time a pixel is drawn is, as far as I can tell, just extra time that could be spent drawing!"

Last edited by Kakkoii,

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Yes, in the first vídeo I was calling it every time, I also noticed that and was able to fix it calling just once at start, and got 3x speed increase at least. But wasnt enought and wasnt able to get vpad working.

Using loadiine code as a base I've got more than 10x speed and i think i'll have no problem with controls. :)

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, I dont have a 5.5.x wiiu to test what I code.

¿have you tried it on a 5.5.x? Maybe it works :)

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
thank you seagal112 for this old game , i like so much arcade games

i have a question : can i change the .elf name (loadiine.elf to centiipede.elf for exemple), because i have already a loadiine.elf hosted.

wiiu 5.3.2 with xammp host files and openDNS for no-update.

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've no modified/compiled loadiine launcher, so it will call to loadiine.elf

But why not host it on a different folder ?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics are slow because of OSScreen function overhead. Can eliminate some overhead by passing pointers to pixel drawing functions in a struct instead of inside every call like what Space Game does. Pong is also fast because I decreased the pixel resolution (with four pixels to create one super pixel block) as well as optimized some of the graphics drawing by only overwriting the pixels necessary.

I recommend moving entirely to GX2 library though.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi, I've no modified/compiled loadiine launcher, so it will call to loadiine.elf

But why not host it on a different folder ?
afaik in xampp there is one folder for hosting (htdoc , i guess) so we can rename the .html files (like payloads) but it dosen't work with the .elf files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!