CFW - is it possible to turn on airplane mode permanently or deactivate WIFI/Bluetooth off permanently?

• Thread starter k28
  • Start date
  • Views 1,234
  • Replies 14
  • Likes 4

k28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we talked about over whatsapp but i guess not xD. maybe she is using it for a short period of time but using the switch much longer. idk.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asking for someone who assumes that wireless Tech is damaging to her health. THX
Just tell that person it's off. It's not really damaging their health, so who cares?

Don't set up any Wi-Fi connections. Keep airplane mode on. I don't see it magically turning itself off. Just make sure Bluetooth is also off when in airplane mode.

Make sure they realize they can't use wireless controllers without Bluetooth.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is for her she can always just keep it off, if it is for others to not have wifi, like some kid updating her console despite being told not to it is just too bad, don't give the kid the Switch

I expect this to be child's play for people like SciresM. Easier than easy for him but he will see no point in wasting even a small amount of time. If you can convince him it is not a waste of time then you have already won. He will need to spend more time talking to you telling you it don't make sense than actually making it happen.

There is a chance he will teach you how to do it. That is the thing with technical people, they like to answer technical questions.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you turn on airplane mode it won't turn itself back on. As far as I know airplane mode also turns off bluetooth as you cannot play with remote joycons while in airplane mode.
Another option would be opening up the console and physically disconnecting the antenna. But she can also try wrapping the Switch in tinfoil. Or even wrapping helself in tinfoil! It's not only very decorative, it also has the advantage that she will be protected against EM waves from other sources, too, not just from her Switch!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
All jokes aside, some people are really sensitive to things like EMF and Wi-Fi frequencies. Some people are even more easily prone to getting cancer from such things one the extreme side, but most of the time it just causes discomforts like headaches, nausea, dizziness, or in rare occasions, RF burns. It's pretty wild, but people this sensitive really do exist.

• Haha
Reactions: Lamcza

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All jokes aside, some people are really sensitive to things like EMF and Wi-Fi frequencies. Some people are even more easily prone to getting cancer from such things one the extreme side, but most of the time it just causes discomforts like headaches, nausea, dizziness, or in rare occasions, RF burns. It's pretty wild, but people this sensitive really do exist.
No doubt about that but Nintendo already created airplane mode and long press home get you there so fast it’s effortless

Reactions: Jayro

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think it's a case of this person overreacting, not what you're mentioning

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
https://xkcd.com/radiation/

Most, if not all of these symptoms are a mental illness. The radiation from devices is way, way lower than anything we are getting bombarded with during the day from cosmic radiation alone. If people are getting affected by wifi they would not survive being outside for even seconds.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually have to live far away from other people, very far, to avoid man made radio waves. Even then there is still starlink radiation. Must ask Elon Mask to stop it.

By the way Switch itself also emits emf. Every device with a CPU does

Also it is not just radio waves, how about the micro plastic in our food? They say every year we consume a few credit card worth of plastic that is in our food.

Actually everything that our ancestors a few generations ago were never exposed to can be harmful to us.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
https://xkcd.com/radiation/

Most, if not all of these symptoms are a mental illness. The radiation from devices is way, way lower than anything we are getting bombarded with during the day from cosmic radiation alone. If people are getting affected by wifi they would not survive being outside for even seconds.
I'd like some studies on this. Not just a random xkcd comic.
Post automatically merged:

I think it's a case of this person overreacting, not what you're mentioning
Very well could be, but we don't know for sure.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They do. But so far there has been no proof of causation. These people claims to be able to tell if WiFi is on or off and it's been proven wrong, they aren't better than pure randomness.
So their symptoms do exist but we have yet to understand the cause.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity
In short it's not linked to anything « physical », it's basically in their head and it results in actual symptoms. Never heard of the term before but it's « nocebo », the opposite of placebo. Negative symptoms happening because you expected them.

As for OP : honestly in this kind of case I feel like the only answer would be to rip the antenna apart lol. Airplane doesn't turn on by itself so if she keeps it off it should be good enough.

Last edited by LightBeam,
Reactions: Jayro

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like some studies on this. Not just a random xkcd comic.
It's in the footer: https://xkcd.com/radiation/sources.html

Also here's one where they try the exact case of EMF sensitivity in a case study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1440612/

I have had chronic pain symptoms myself which where completely orchestrated from my brain which took me years to actually find out, so let's say I speak from experience. I truly believe these people are actually feeling pain when exposed, but it's the brain that is orchestrating it, not the radiation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc