Anthony D'Amico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I was one if the many people who purchased SX Pro. I am yet to receive it but it should be here late next week *yay*

The main reason I bought the SX Pro was for the mod chip and jig for the ease of access of launching payloads/CFW

As the title state, as anyone managed to change the payload on the mod chip to one of the free payloads yet?

Is it a simple plug the mod chip into a pc and overwrite the files or does the chip have encryption that needs to be disable first

I ask because I plan on trying the different payloads / CFW because I enjoy tinkering

Cheers

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting this at first... but since I went online to activate my license (I thought you didn’t have to do that with the dongle!), it auto-loads sx os. How do I get the menu now, to launch other payloads?

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if we instead just renamed another payload to boot.dat? Would the SX Pro dongle just straightaway load that as the CFW, since it is looking for boot.dat in the first place? Or does it do some checks to make sure the boot.dat file is the SX OS? (Or finding a way to make .bin payloads into a .dat, etc. I just mean the concept of straight loading, and if it is plausible)

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
What would happen if we instead just renamed another payload to boot.dat? Would the SX Pro dongle just straightaway load that as the CFW, since it is looking for boot.dat in the first place? Or does it do some checks to make sure the boot.dat file is the SX OS? (Or finding a way to make .bin payloads into a .dat, etc. I just mean the concept of straight loading, and if it is plausible)
The boot.dat isn't the payload

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the question still stands though if possible to get the SX Pro to boot straight into a different CFW orher than the SX OS. ie when you boot with the SX Pro dongle in and don't hold the vol+ it boots straight into the sX OS without any user input and super quick/easy. Just pop dongle in, press power, and done. Is that plausible to do with other CFW, or would one have to launch the sX options and choose external payload every time?

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, the question still stands though if possible to get the SX Pro to boot straight into a different CFW orher than the SX OS. ie when you boot with the SX Pro dongle in and don't hold the vol+ it boots straight into the sX OS without any user input and super quick/easy. Just pop dongle in, press power, and done. Is that plausible to do with other CFW, or would one have to launch the sX options and choose external payload every time?
Currently there is no way to replace the payload on the dongle so it will always boot to SX OS. I currently use TXs payload from my phone and then just use their menu to boot into switchblade or Hekate.

They may allow us to do it at some stage though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far