Homebrew Channel forwarders for Wii U

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a lot of research on existing channel forwarders but really didn't find many (if any) out there for the programs I wanted to use. So I made a few. They are for programs I use regularly. It uses the haxchi base and program to install the forwarder into a CFW Nintendo DS game. You can select whichever ones you want to use. Here's what I have created so far. I had to go with a few designs I got from the web, so I hope I didn't infringe on any copyrights.

-SD Cafiine
-SaveMii Mod
-Sign c2w Patcher
-ftpiiu everywhere v.2
-ftpiiu everywhere cbhc v.4
-SDGeckiine

To use: Have the program you are wanting to forward already on your SD card. Download via web or homebrew app.
1. Have Haxchi installed or some sort of custom firmware available.
2. Install a Nintendo DS game, either legit or CFW and have them installed to your NAND (system memory)
3. Have a folder named haxchi on your SD card root and have haxchi program in your wiiu/apps folder
4. Download which forwarder you want and extract the folder (has 5 files in the folder) to your desktop or wherever
5. In your sd:haxchi folder (root of sd card) delete what is in there, then copy the 5 files from the downloaded folder into the haxchi folder on your sd card.
6. Start your system and start up a CFW (i usually select haxchi) and then go to homebrew launcher. Select haxchi installer and load
7. It will ask which game you want to install into, select which one that is not being used for haxchi or another forwarder and press A.
8. The system will reboot and your channel forwarder is now on the menu.
9. Repeat steps only with a different installed DS game and new forwarder.

***If you run into issues, check the path in the config text file to make sure that you have the correct path to your .elf file. Your path may differ from mine***

Attachments

• savemii mod (haxchi).7z
    118.1 KB · Views: 509
  • SD Cafiine (haxchi).7z
    533.9 KB · Views: 731
  • sign c2w patcher (haxchi).7z
    1,011 KB · Views: 567
  • ftpiiu everywhere v.2 (haxchi).7z
    581.1 KB · Views: 513
  • ftpiiu everywhere v.4.7z
    581.1 KB · Views: 596
  • SDGeckiine.7z
    318.3 KB · Views: 324
Last edited by cagerhager,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TheTechGenius,
D

Deleted User

I did a lot of research on existing channel forwarders but really didn't find many (if any) out there for the programs I wanted to use. So I made a few. They are for programs I use regularly. It uses the haxchi base and program to install the forwarder into a CFW Nintendo DS game. You can select whichever ones you want to use. Here's what I have created so far. I had to go with a few designs I got from the web, so I hope I didn't infringe on any copyrights.

-SD Cafiine
-SaveMii Mod
-Sign c2w Patcher

To use: Have the program you are wanting to forward already on your SD card. Download via web or homebrew app.
1. Have Haxchi installed or some sort of custom firmware available.
2. Install a Nintendo DS game, either legit or CFW and have them installed to your NAND (system memory)
3. Have a folder named haxchi on your SD card root and have haxchi program in your wiiu/apps folder
4. Download which forwarder you want and extract the folder (has 5 files in the folder) to your desktop or wherever
5. In your sd:haxchi folder (root of sd card) delete what is in there, then copy the 5 files from the downloaded folder into the haxchi folder on your sd card.
6. Start your system and start up a CFW (i usually select haxchi) and then go to homebrew launcher. Select haxchi installer and load
7. It will ask which game you want to install into, select which one that is not being used for haxchi or another forwarder and press A.
8. The system will reboot and your channel forwarder is now on the menu.
9. Repeat steps only with a different installed DS game and new forwarder.

***If you run into issues, check the path in the config text file to make sure that you have the correct path to your .elf file. Your path may differ from mine***
thank you! I was looking for this. Do you think you could make a ftpiiu everywhere forwarder?

Reactions: jeannotte

Bgeo25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install the forwarder for SDCafiine and I'm confused about the instructions. Could someone explain briefly what you did after putting the files in sdcard/haxchi folder? I don't want to screw it up. I have CBHC by FIX94 so I guess that's the CFW mode that runs automatically. I also have the haxchi app in HBL; should I run that or a different Homebrew app? Some help would be very much appreciated.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to install the forwarder for SDCafiine and I'm confused about the instructions. Could someone explain briefly what you did after putting the files in sdcard/haxchi folder? I don't want to screw it up. I have CBHC by FIX94 so I guess that's the CFW mode that runs automatically. I also have the haxchi app in HBL; should I run that or a different Homebrew app? Some help would be very much appreciated.
Hi, I made a simple guide for another guy few days ago, please go in this topic, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/page-6

It's the last my post in the page.

Let me know if you have any doubts;)

Reactions: Lostbhoy and Bgeo25

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Once you have the sdcaffine files in your haxchi folder, be sure you have installed one of the compatible ds games to your menu, simply load Haxchi from HBL and choose to install over the ds game you just installed.

Its the same process you used to install Haxchi, only this time your putting sdcaffine over another game. Just remember NOT to choose the game you used for cbhc.

Note.... Only compatible haxchi ds titles will show in your list. They can be non legit for this process. ie... If only one game shows when you load haxchi.... This is your cbhc title. DO NOT CHOOSE IT. Get another.

Reactions: CrisMod and Bgeo25

Bgeo25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I made a simple guide for another guy few days ago, please go in this topic, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/page-6

It's the last my post in the page.

Let me know if you have any doubts;)

Would this require purchasing Kirby: Mass Attack or another one of the DS games? I don't have a backup to install with WUP installer.

On a separate note, I was fishing through my old Homebrew files and found that some forwarders were install-able through the WUP installer (e.g. HBL, Loadiine_GX2). This seems like like a safer method. Is that something that the developer of SDCafiine would have to make?

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would this require purchasing Kirby: Mass Attack or another one of the DS games? I don't have a backup to install with WUP installer.

On a separate note, I was fishing through my old Homebrew files and found that some forwarders were install-able through the WUP installer (e.g. HBL, Loadiine_GX2). This seems like like a safer method. Is that something that the developer of SDCafiine would have to make?
Has @Lostbhoy tried to explain you in above message or you can read in my guide as well, for the Custom Forwarded with Haxchi method you don't need to buy any DS file from the shop.
Which means that for install Haxchi or Cold Boot + Haxchi, you have to buy a legit new DS game from the virtual Wii U shop ; instead for creating the Custom Forwarded (as per your case now), you can install any compatible backup DS game (for Wii U) by the software WUP Installer GX2. Unfortunately for you, we cannot provide any backup game or internet address for downloading it, cause of the Forum and piracy roules; you have to provide by your self the DS game installable for WUP Installer GX2 and then proceed to install the forwarded as per my guide. My safe suggestion it's, when you have to install such Custom Forwarded, to install them in NAND and the DS Game to be in different region from your Wii U Console (as the example in my guide). And always in my guide I menthioned and made the example with Kirby: Mass Attack, just as an example, if you have installed your real purchased Haxchi in Brain Age.
This it's the compatible list of the games that you can install with Custom Forwarded:
If you are not sure which game name legit your haxchi it's installed, before start anything I suggest you to open the Homebrew Launcher and open the Haxchi Installer, once open it in the list you can see one game installed and this it's your legit game where your CFW Haxchi it's installed, so once you are sure which game it is just exit from the app with the HOME button. So, which means that this game for any reason you have to AVOID and never touch or install the same game for your Custom Forwarded, otherwise you WILL BRICK YOUR WII U!!!

Unfortunately, for SDCafiine it's an .elf file and cannot be created an installer, if the Author of SDCafiine made this app in .rpx I can create for you one installer and avoid the Haxchi Method. The HBL or Loadiine_GX2 they are created by the Author, and for now I don't know how to do, but maybe I can try to use HBL2HBC installer (even if it's for different purpose forwarding) to decemental the packaging and recostruct it to tell it to open SDCafiine. Maybe I can try later if you don't feel confident with Haxchi Method.

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Bgeo25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be a question of converting (or recompiling SDCafiine) to RPX format and re-encrypting it with NUSpacker or a similar tool. The "meta" files are already available in this thread, so the only thing missing is a valid rpx file.

Reactions: CrisMod

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd love to see a Crispy DOOM forwarder.

https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/Crispy-Doom

Unfortunately, I could not create a working one. I guess Haxchi method needs an .elf file to point to but Crispy Doom is an .rpx. Simply converting .rpx to .elf did not lead to success, neither using NUSpacker (problably needs adjustments in the source code?). Anyway, attached are the files for Haxchi and NUSpacker.

Attachments

• crispy-doom.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 90
Last edited by meeeow,

Stormcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is this safe to use with CBHC?
I just tested it
2021-09-12_11.09.20_DRC.jpg
Yes it is compatible with CBHC
as long as you dont use the DS game that has CBHC and i also highly recommend using the normal HC installer incase you ever need to uninstall CBHC
Kinda tempted to make a custom HC installer just for installing these channels
Plus it does work with backup DS games not installed from the eshop if you have CBHC or other custom firmware booting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...