Australia
Last edited by Shadow_The_Hedgehog82,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made one of these adapters and it seems it cant do more than 480p and looks quite a lot worse than component. I followed the wiring diagram from this page https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index...i-diagram-wiring-schematic-component-to-hdmi/

I guess theyre good if your display only has hdmi input but if you can use component theres no point in making one
Bit of a bump :P I just did this mod and I'm seeing an improvement over my (admittedly cheapo) Component Cable :)
Still very impressed with the quality, definitely worth the £3.50 for the Wii2HDMI :)

20210924_192532.jpg :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I did this mod today, one thing I noticed is if you enable 720p or 1080i - you can boot into x3 bios settings and the screen displays fine, but when going to xbmc, sometimes I get no signal - I then added a switch that disconnects ground - a quick flick of that switch (to reset the wii2dhmi board) and then the signal works, output res looks great at 1080i in xbmc.

Reactions: zfreeman

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I made one of these adapters and it seems it cant do more than 480p and looks quite a lot worse than component. I followed the wiring diagram from this page https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index...i-diagram-wiring-schematic-component-to-hdmi/

I guess theyre good if your display only has hdmi input but if you can use component theres no point in making one
Add a switch to the ground line between xbox ground and wii2hdmi ground, when you boot in 720 or 1080i and get no signal - turn the switch of then on again and you will get a signal displayed. This happens because the xbox changes resolution between the xbox logo screen and xbmc screen.

If you want this to happen automatically, you can add a 555 timer circuit to the ground line - this can delay the wii2hdmi from turning on, that way when the resolution changes from the xbox logo boot screen to the resolution on xbmc or whatever dash - the wii2hdmi can turn on at that point, and negate the need for needing a manual reset.

Last edited by mrdude,

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Add a switch to the ground line between xbox ground and wii2hdmi ground, when you boot in 720 or 1080i and get no signal - turn the switch of then on again and you will get a signal displayed. This happens because the xbox changes resolution between the xbox logo screen and xbmc screen.

If you want this to happen automatically, you can add a 555 timer circuit to the ground line - this can delay the wii2hdmi from turning on, that way when the resolution changes from the xbox logo boot screen to the resolution on xbmc or whatever dash - the wii2hdmi can turn on at that point, and negate the need for needing a manual reset.
i'd rather just use component lol but thanks for the info

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
i'd rather just use component lol but thanks for the info
Component quality is rubbish, the hdmi mod using the wii2hdmi is far superior. I used cat5e cable to wire mine, and wrapped each wire in foil. There's no inference, also I used a attiny45 chip to set a delay for activating the wii2hdmi connecter so it skips the xbox logo.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's awesome :) I used one of those Wii Hdmi Adapters to make my own Xbox Hdmi Adapter but the blacks were way too dark. :P I used the white Wii Hdmi version if that makes a difference? How much are the boards?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: