Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkpoint Save Manager Released for Nintendo Switch

Check0.jpg

With Nintendo recently announcing cloud save backup as part of their Nintendo Online subscription service, Switch owners could finally let out a sign of relief knowing their launch day Zelda saves will soon be safe. Of course, not everybody wants to wait until September, and not everybody will be on the latest firmware to enjoy this feature. For those hanging around the lower firmwares, there is now a solution.

Released earlier toady, Checkpoint is a save manager for the Switch Homebrew Launcher. With a clean and intuitive GUI, it makes save backup and restoration simple and easy. While only officially supporting 3.0.0 at the current time, I found no issues running it on my 2.3.0 Switch. Check out the release notes and discussion below.
Release Notes said:
Pre-release for Checkpoint 3.1.0 to use with Switch homebrew. Save backup and restore methods for the Switch are publicly available from a while, so I decided to release my own source code too.

• This doesn't work on the latest firmware and has also been reported working only on 3.0.0. Other firmwares may or not may work.
  • This has been tested multiple times from various testers, but I want to state that I've never really tried it on real hardware, because I have no homebrew access. For this reason, there could be imperfections in the UI or in the user experience here and there.
  • This doesn't work on docked mode, as you're required to use touchscreen to perform all the operations.
  • This still relies on the old nx-hbmenu way to draw text on screen. It'll be updated later in the future to use the shared font.
  • Use at your own risk. I'm NOT responsible for problems caused, directly or not directly, by the use of Checkpoint.
You can find screenshots here.

For more informations, usage instructions and credits please check the readme.

:arrow: Download
:arrow: Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't say that at high schools