Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, so there’s a really good chance that this is written somewhere else and that I just didn’t notice it and so I’m just a bit of a dummy, but I wanted to put this warning down just in case someone else is about to make the same mistake I did.

I had read somewhere to make absolutely sure that the methods used to AutoRCM should match and so not to mix them. Since I had installed AutoRCM already, when I installed 5.1.0 on my 3.0.0 Switch, I unchecked “Install AutoRCM” because my thinking was “I already have it, I don’t want to mix methods, no need to install it.”

What I did NOT expect was that ChoiDujour would UNINSTALL AutoRCM. So when I next booted my console, OFW booted up normally, and as such, I can safely assume my cart slot firmware was updated. Which sucks.

This is very possibly a goof on my part from not reading instructions properly, so I’m not complaining. I just wanted to point it out in case it had not been pointed out clearly yet.

I believe I've made the warning EXTREMELY clear (this pops up when you uncheck AutoRCM and you must press the correct button to actually uncheck it):
https://images.sshnuke.net/2018-08-07_06-50-38_X6tqDIyRh.png

Last edited by rajkosto,

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m on 5.0.0 using SX Pro, SX OS 1.4

Sonic Mania Plus and Celeste want me to update to latest firmware. I’ve never connected to WiFi since hacking my console.

Should I go online with OFW and just update the console through console Settings?

Or should I extract 5.1.0 update from the drum game and use this?

Also, what does “burning fuses” mean?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I've made the warning EXTREMELY clear (this pops up when you uncheck AutoRCM and you must press the correct button to actually uncheck it):
https://images.sshnuke.net/2018-08-07_06-50-38_X6tqDIyRh.png
They were clearly aware of the message. They said they didnt think your program would remove the autorcm since. That user already had autorcm installed and chuodujurnx removed autorcm for some reason.

The program should be updated so that it does not tamper with autorcm at all if a user says "no".

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It says it turns it off.
Since rewriting the BCT is a part of installing a system update, it doesn't matter if the one you had before had AutoRCM or whatever other mods to it, it will get rewritten, and the checkbox controls if the new one will have AutoRCM or not.
This way, you can use ChoiDujourNX to just install AutoRCM or remove it, if you want, without using any other payload.

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: LeMageFro

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m on 5.0.0 using SX Pro, SX OS 1.4

Sonic Mania Plus and Celeste want me to update to latest firmware. I’ve never connected to WiFi since hacking my console.

Should I go online with OFW and just update the console through console Settings?

Or should I extract 5.1.0 update from the drum game and use this?

Also, what does “burning fuses” mean?

The switch has tiny electronic fuses (or efuses) that are burnt as an anti-downgrade mesure. When you try to boot your console through the regular nintendo bootloader it will check how many efuses were burnt and if it's less than expected it will burn some new ones accordingly, if it's the right number it will boot, and if it's more than what the firmware you're trying to boot expects (ie you've downgraded) then it will refuse to boot. In your case the expected number of burnt efuses is the same for 5.0.0 and 5.1.0, six (see at the end of this article : https://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Fuses ).

So if you had done nothing catchy with your switch you could just update regularly without any problem. But since you've been using SXOS I assume you probably ran some downloaded games, which will almost certainly get you banned if you go online, therefore if you wish to update while staying offline you should use this tool.

Edit :
Check burned fuses count with briccmii, if it's 6, just officially update.
Wouldn't he risk getting banned if he used SX OS though ?

Last edited by LeMageFro,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you cant run ChoiDujourNX on SX OS as homebrew yet, so...
It would probably be jumping through unnecessary hoops for the same result.
If they want to absolutely stay offline then yeah, getting a cart with 5.1.0 or using ChoiDujourNX somehow is the only way.

The main benefits of ChoiDujourNX are when you either don't want to update to the latest firmware, and/or if you want to prevent fuse burning.
I have no idea what they have done on SX OS previously, and if just going online without protection would get them banned as a result.

Last edited by rajkosto,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, I don't use SXOS. What happens if you try ? I think it actually ignores firmwares on xci images, so it wouldn't work, but you should confirm yourself.

KsAmJ

Trophies
XP
@rajkosto what would be the names on the files of the update folder?
same names as was in your other thread with the partion names or the folder shown at the xci explorer with so many files with wired names?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
update folder should contain a bunch of ncaId.cnmt.nca and ncaId.nca files (like 200 of them total)
it's the same type of folder you would give to ChoiDujour PC version

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Q: After selecting ChoiDujourNX from the homebrew menu, it tries to start but closes immediately (or gives me a FATAL error, or just hangs at a black screen) !
  • A: The debug svcs are not accessible to homebrew on your system. Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases) or add fullsvcperm=1 to your hekate launch profile. Additionally, if you are trying to run ChoiDujourNX on 1.0.0, you must also add debugmode=1 to your hekate launch profile (this is not required on 2.0.0 or newer, which allows read-only debugging without it).

Im on 1.0.0. I opened hekate_ipl and I added fullsvcperm=1 and debugmode=1 in there and it still doesn't work. Anything wrong? It looks like this now-
[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=5
customlogo=1
verification=2
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
debugmode=1
fullsvcperm=1
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
[CFW + Clear Log]
kip1=modules/nx-dreport.kip
{ }

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the problem is that you added it to the wrong section, since youre normally booting [CFW for Firmware 1.0], not [CFW]

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • Q: After selecting ChoiDujourNX from the homebrew menu, it tries to start but closes immediately (or gives me a FATAL error, or just hangs at a black screen) !
  • A: The debug svcs are not accessible to homebrew on your system. Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases) or add fullsvcperm=1 to your hekate launch profile. Additionally, if you are trying to run ChoiDujourNX on 1.0.0, you must also add debugmode=1 to your hekate launch profile (this is not required on 2.0.0 or newer, which allows read-only debugging without it).

Im on 1.0.0. I opened hekate_ipl and I added fullsvcperm=1 and debugmode=1 in there and it still doesn't work. Anything wrong? It looks like this now-
[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=5
customlogo=1
verification=2
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
debugmode=1
fullsvcperm=1
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
[CFW + Clear Log]
kip1=modules/nx-dreport.kip
{ }
You need to add the lines under [CFW for Firmware 1.0] and choose this option from hekate, hence the name "for Firmware 1.0" ;).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter