Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

JASONJACKSON1948

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to use these circle pad patches for all games from the usrcheat.dat, while also keeping the general cheats (infinite lives, etc.) in the usrcheats.dat file from the cheats database? i have no idea how or if i can combine .dat files lol

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: emcintosh

the_trickster

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need some help, I was using circle pad cheat before ther was "c-stick to control camera" support in kingddom hearts games.
I am using an european new nintendo 2ds xl with twilight menu ++ set to USA, all games work perfectly but after added c-stick support, even when using the cheat without it, the game really wants to push the camera up.
is this a bug? DId someone encounter some simmilar? As I said, it is only kingdom hearts 358/2 days, re:coded works fine, I checked both USA roms and EU, can someone please help?

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I use on Super Mario 64 and work fine but how to use different game? I need made same steps game for game?
Everything should be the same for other games, just grab the correct cheatcode for your game and that's all

Metroid only for N3DS?
Yes, the "main feature" of my mod was to use the CStick and gyroscope on N3DS. The former is not present on O3DS, and the latter has a different interface and I can't get it to work. The best I can do for O3DS is to map the camera to CirclePad (in case you're left handed or something)

Hello,I would like to request a patch for transformers: deceptions,If it's not too much trouble.
Okay, I'll check this out

is this a bug? DId someone encounter some simmilar? As I said, it is only kingdom hearts 358/2 days, re:coded works fine, I checked both USA roms and EU, can someone please help?
This is indeed a bug. I have fixed it and reuploaded the cheat. Please test it and thanks for reporting.

the_trickster

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everything should be the same for other games, just grab the correct cheatcode for your game and that's all

Yes, the "main feature" of my mod was to use the CStick and gyroscope on N3DS. The former is not present on O3DS, and the latter has a different interface and I can't get it to work. The best I can do for O3DS is to map the camera to CirclePad (in case you're left handed or something)

Okay, I'll check this out

This is indeed a bug. I have fixed it and reuploaded the cheat. Please test it and thanks for reporting.
I have downloaded the cheat for kingdom hearts 358/2 days and have swaped it with r4cee, it now works perfectly, I am greatful for quick anwser and for fixing and reuploading the cheat so quickly, keep doing what you're doing, it's cool :moogle:

Reactions: shoco

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheat file is not a plain text file. That's why we need R4CCE to edit it. I made you up a usrcheat.dat with just the codes for this because you said you had difficulty adding cheats with R4CCE and this is the minimum file to get this one game working. You can rename your existing cheat file to any other name and use this one for MPH, and rename mine and restore your original when you use other games.

If you feel up to using R4CCE, you should add 2 cheats to the entry for Metroid Prime Hunters USA with no version number (attached so this post isn't loooong):

Dual Analog (copied from the text file from the metroid.zip on the first post)

A=L to shoot, X=A to confirm in menus (copied from the text box at the bottom of the NDS remapper linked to in the first post, with: Cpad unmapped from dpad, 3DS A= NDS A unchecked, A=L checked, X=X unchecked and X=A checked)

What point in adding cheats with R4CCE are you struggling with?
Hi, thanks for helping me earlier. Do you think you could make another control modification for me? I would like Super Mario 64 DS to switch the L and R buttons.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you very much for this patches! Been enjoying Rune Factory 3 a lot with this! I'm sorry for asking, the same could maybe be done for Rune Factory 1 and 2? Thank you so much again!

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for helping me earlier. Do you think you could make another control modification for me? I would like Super Mario 64 DS to switch the L and R buttons.
https://shocoman.github.io/sm64ds_remap_codegen/ will let you remap SM64DS controls however you want, and generate a code to copy into R4CCE. It has the advantage over the generic version that it tells you what each button *does*, not just what button did that thing originally. You need to specify what version of the game you're using, and you can remap the different control modes separately.

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://shocoman.github.io/sm64ds_remap_codegen/ will let you remap SM64DS controls however you want, and generate a code to copy into R4CCE. It has the advantage over the generic version that it tells you what each button *does*, not just what button did that thing originally. You need to specify what version of the game you're using, and you can remap the different control modes separately.
Thanks, SM64DS is so much better now.
Post automatically merged:

I have another question. I heard someone say that it's better to switch to Touch Mode for this C-Pad patch. Is that true? Does switching to Touch Mode make things work smoother?

Last edited by Readmit,

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm playing SM64DS, but how do I play recroom games? I'm not able to choose them from the title screen and when I go up to the drawer, nothing happens. I can't talk to it or anything. I'm playing the widescreen modded USA v1.1 with the C-Pad mod. I also can't draw on the faces of Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, or Wario on the title screen either.

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@felixsrg @solidgui3 I've finished the mods

Hello,I would like to request a patch for transformers: deceptions,If it's not too much trouble.
I could miss something, but the general movement seems to work fine (plus a little bit for the scanner and steering a car). Although, I couldn't get it to work when shooting with a blaster (on Y), so it's still 8-directional.

I have another question. I heard someone say that it's better to switch to Touch Mode for this C-Pad patch. Is that true? Does switching to Touch Mode make things work smoother?
Personally, the only thing I can think of is that it hides unnecessary buttons from the touch screen. And the third control mode ("Dual" or something) won't work properly at all, because it maps different keys to the DPad (cpad will still trigger it)

Hey guys, I'm playing SM64DS, but how do I play recroom games? I'm not able to choose them from the title screen and when I go up to the drawer, nothing happens. I can't talk to it or anything. I'm playing the widescreen modded USA v1.1 with the C-Pad mod. I also can't draw on the faces of Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, or Wario on the title screen either.
Works fine for me on this exact version, both from the menu and from the drawer. I didn't test with the widescreen mod though.
I would suggest you to try it without any mods first, and only if it works, enable and test them one by one.

Reactions: felixsrg

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I could miss something, but the general movement seems to work fine (plus a little bit for the scanner and steering a car). Although, I couldn't get it to work when shooting with a blaster (on Y), so it's still 8-directional.

Personally, the only thing I can think of is that it hides unnecessary buttons from the touch screen. And the third control mode ("Dual" or something) won't work properly at all, because it maps different keys to the DPad (cpad will still trigger it)

Works fine for me on this exact version, both from the menu and from the drawer. I didn't test with the widescreen mod though.
I would suggest you to try it without any mods first, and only if it works, enable and test them one by one.
Rune Factory ones work gret, thank you so much! This really does add a new level of gameplay, I will make sure to enjoy them anew, thank you again!

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I and a modder who makes SM64DS mods figured out that the recroom mini games have been removed by the widescreen patch made by gamemasterplc. He also removed the introduction custcenes in New Super Mario Bros for the DS. I don't think it's possible to get the recroom mini games back from a widescreen patched rom of SM64DS and I doubt that it will be possible to get the cutscenes back from a widescreen patched rom of NSMB.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've added the shoco's Circle Pad patches (update 2023-08-13) to the DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Database (update 06/06/2023). I hope that I haven't done any mistake.
Thanks go to @shoco and @DeadSkullzJr.

This person combined the regular usrcheat.dat with all these patches, I checked it for a few games and it looks good:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/circle-...with-twpatcher-and-rtcom.623267/post-10206853
Updated file

mario4everd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your work! So far these mods/patches have been wonderful, for Super Mario 64 DS it's literally a game changer on 3ds. ^w^

Usually I'm not the type to ask for a request but there's one game in particular that I think well benefit as much as super mario 64 ds, which is "Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll". This game already has touch screen implementation for analog movement as well. I honestly think that'll make it more playable to some super monkey ball fans who missed out on this title due to controls.

Last edited by mario4everd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus
    +1
    Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop (ST12000DM0007) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cpVKNo1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    *Renewed. I don't like or trust "renewed, refurbished, reconditioned" anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I renewed your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done doing the deed, he taps me in without her cleaning up first, no thanks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not being renewed that's unlocking more medical bills from stds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I just don't trust em for data. Maybe a used(renewed) car or something be ok tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like my girls like my car made in 2000
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You already learned from buying used condoms from the first kid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tyrone said it was barley used
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wonder whatever happened to that ownage pranks guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I dont know why people hate on Starfield, I think its dope. I didn't play it day one, only started it couple weeks ago so maybe they fixed issues with updates already.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hold up hooolddd uuupppp, we're less than a week from PM:TTYD releasing and it has not leaked yet? :o Miracles do still exist in this dystopia 🤣
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. People hated on Fallout 76 at first also, but they still have huge numbers playing online.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up...