Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be using this for speedrunning once save states are a feature but other than that why would someone use Citra over a 3DS?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be using this for speedrunning once save states are a feature but other than that why would someone use Citra over a 3DS?
As Lunos said, graphical enhancement and recording. But ofc, small amount of users don't own a 3DS because it's not available in their country or parents refuse to buy a game console especially Nintendo Switch(I'm one of those people who haven't own a Switch. But I will save more money for it).

I still prefer playing 3DS games on my 3DS cause online battles with someone is fun(what I meant is the use of Nintendo Network ID like Wonder Trade or Smash Bros' For Fun and For Glory). Ik that Citra have online support, but it's pretty choppy and sometimes cut during battles.

Reactions: AceofZeroz

FlightlessMacaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I Just downloaded Citra 3ds Nightly (newest, windows) and I installed Pokemon Stars Rom hack for ultra moon. For some reason my game freezes and goes to 0% speed and 0 frames when I get to the very first call with wicke, (kuikui intro but it changed the model) I haven't changed any settings. Im running intel core i3, 8gb ram, and the equivalent of a gtx 680. Does anyone know what I should do? It literally freezes at 0% speed and 0 fps.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So I Just downloaded Citra 3ds Nightly (newest, windows) and I installed Pokemon Stars Rom hack for ultra moon. For some reason my game freezes and goes to 0% speed and 0 frames when I get to the very first call with wicke, (kuikui intro but it changed the model) I haven't changed any settings. Im running intel core i3, 8gb ram, and the equivalent of a gtx 680. Does anyone know what I should do? It literally freezes at 0% speed and 0 fps.
Not sure if it'll fix your problem, but consider trying the latest Canary build instead. I don't think there is a reason to use Nightly, unfortunately.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh. I think you didn't rebuild the rom properly. Make sure you have the right region. US Version of the hack should be build on a US Version of the game afaik.

KotoM511

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have been playing 7th Dragon III Code: VFD on Citra recently.
For some reason, I can't go into battle with the first dragon boss(Atlantis), it just crashed everytime I tried to encounter the fight. I don't know if anyone play this game have the same problem as me or not.

I'd say I have a decent specs :
Inspiron Gaming 15 7000
Windows 10
16GB RAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU@ 2.8 GHz
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

After experiencing the 1st crash, all of my games have been running on 80-85% speed compare to 90-100% before, I can't figure out the reason why.
I can't understand code or log file much so if anyone could tell me some hints or even better solution to solve this, much thanks to you.
Before the game crash, there's this particular line that caught my eyes:
Debug <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:operator():1235: Assertion Failed!

and before this there was [ 2.038662] Render.OpenGL <Info> video_core/renderer_opengl/renderer_opengl.cpp:Init:487: GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 391.35
so I'm guessing that Citra team hasn't fixed it yet for all other games than Pokemon or Nintendo games.

D

Deleted User

Please Help!

While I Updated My Citra Canary Today, When I Acessed Configurations i was Greeted With a Message saying the System Camera Was Not Supported Anymore and was Changed to Blank. When I Clicked On Camera i Found Out It Was Changed To System Camera (qt) and When I Previewed It Was Rendering Upside Down. Any Thoughts and Will The Next Version Support Normal Webcams Again? (A.K.A. System Camera). I Don't Want To Scan QR Codes Upside Down.

Enviado de meu SM-J710MN usando o Tapatalk

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please Help!

While I Updated My Citra Canary Today, When I Acessed Configurations i was Greeted With a Message saying the System Camera Was Not Supported Anymore and was Changed to Blank. When I Clicked On Camera i Found Out It Was Changed To System Camera (qt) and When I Previewed It Was Rendering Upside Down. Any Thoughts and Will The Next Version Support Normal Webcams Again? (A.K.A. System Camera). I Don't Want To Scan QR Codes Upside Down.

Enviado de meu SM-J710MN usando o Tapatalk
It seems next canary build will support System Camera again.
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3566/commits/e2a159b3c25fc885ef94e63936b6e5117f64a8a7

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't know what exactly happened, but the Shader Emulation GPU option finally works with the Intel Celeron N2840's iGPU in the latest Canary build.
I thought I should mention it just in case. Thank you very very much, Citra Developers.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

junior600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what exactly happened, but the Shader Emulation GPU option finally works with the Intel Celeron N2840's iGPU in the latest Canary build.
I thought I should mention it just in case. Thank you very very much, Citra Developers.
Just out of curiosity, how many fps do you get with a celeron n2840?

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trying to get my laptop, connected to a TV using expand screen in windows to display each 3ds window on each of the screens, but cannot seem to get it to work. Found the thread on the Citra site forums, with an applet to generate the text to paste into the citra config file, but I only still manage to get 1 screen showing on just 1 of the outputs.
My laptop screen is 1366x768 vs a full hd tv set.

Subötaï

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice!

Attachments

• citra-qt 2018-07-09 23-52-05-99.png
    citra-qt 2018-07-09 23-52-05-99.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 380

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just fyi, i'm not gonna be fixing the minGW compile error, simply because it would take rewriting the whole cheat search functionality (which is needed anyway, because I wrote it pretty poorly in the first place). Just gonna have to live with compiling on msvc

After a long time, Might be helpful from Valentinvanelslande Builds within his source code, for the Mingw Compiling, well it dose compile the Cheatsearch in Mingw at lest.

Source fix
https://github.com/Jhon591/citra/commit/98a46ec02a94911e2b4d61ff8b7f3fa2af2e9bac

EDIT: Even better Just
https://github.com/Jhon591/citra/commit/6548484cd32f683a9b016f5e1ab25c7131429b61

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: updated info.
Reactions: xmeee978

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D