Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

lantern48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't understand why Bravely Default won't work for me on the official Bleeding Edge builds.
Works fine on the Dirty build with the Win 10 shutdown.

My specs are:
4770k overclocked to 4.4GHZ
780Ti Windforce
16x RAM
Windows 10 Pro

I'm gonna have to upload some screen shots of what it looks like when it's working on the Dirty build and what errors pop-up on the official builds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the working Dirty build:
28k3fyp.jpg

And this is what I get on ANY official Bleeding Edge build:
35900vt.jpg

Any help solving this is appreciated.

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why Bravely Default won't work for me on the official Bleeding Edge builds.

My specs are:
780Ti Windforce
16x RAM
Windows 10 Pro

I'm gonna have to upload some screen shots of what it looks like when it's working on the Dirty build and what errors pop-up on the official builds.

28k3fyp.jpg

35900vt.jpg

May be missing some files in the user folder \ nand \ sysdata folder of BE try to copy the user folder Dirty Build to BE can resolve

Last edited by NiagA,

lantern48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May be missing some files in the user folder \ nand \ sysdata folder of BE try to copy the user folder Dirty Build to BE can resolve
I copy/pasted the Dirty User folder and let it overwrite the Bleeding Edge files. Now Bravely Default works on BE, but shouldn't it work just fine on BE without needing the files from the Dirty build? What am I missing here?

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

My specs are:
780Ti Windforce
16x RAM
Windows 10 Pro

28k3fyp.jpg

35900vt.jpg

Definitely something faulty or missing from the user folder.

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does that happen?
Shouldn't a newly released BE build have everything you need to play without issues/needing files from unofficial builds?
I think its the illegal to share nand files inside the user folder they are referring to. So nothing citra devs are responsible for.

lantern48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not entirely correct as I didn't need to do anything to get Pokemon to work on the Dirty build or Bleeding Edge. Same for Fire Emblem Special Edition.
Some games need these https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console files to work (Pokémon is among them). If it's working for you and you don't know what these files are: you've got them by illegal means. There is no other explanation because you have to dump them from your 3DS (by doing so, you know what they are and what they are needed for).

lantern48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games need these https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console files to work (Pokémon is among them). If it's working for you and you don't know what these files are: you've got them by illegal means. There is no other explanation because you have to dump them from your 3DS (by doing so, you know what they are and what they are needed for).
Wrong. Like I just said, Pokemon plays on the official Bleeding Edge build without needing anything extra. The only game I had issues with was Bravely Default.

And let's be honest here: the vast majority of people who use Citra as an emulator don't have a 3DS. So get off your high horse with the "illegal" garbage.

Reactions: zherot

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wrong. Like I just said, Pokemon plays on the official Bleeding Edge build without needing anything extra. The only game I had issues with was Bravely Default.

And let's be honest here: the vast majority of people who use Citra as an emulator don't have a 3DS. So get off your high horse with the "illegal" garbage.
I'm just explaning to you (as you don't know how this emulator works, and it shows...). Pokémon Alpha/Omega and X/Y (and lots of other games) don't work without these files. You're probably talking about Sun/Moon, so don't talk as if EVERY game in the franchise work because you're just being ignorant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2