Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

SKazuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i just did a small speed test. and still the winner is chinese build.
at the same place, bleeding build gives me 45-47 fps.
while chinese build gives me 50-53 fps.
also still no cheat support in latest bleeding build.

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
i just did a small speed test. and still the winner is chinese build.
at the same place, bleeding build gives me 45-47 fps.
while chinese build gives me 50-53 fps.
also still no cheat support in latest bleeding build.

How do you change language to english?

lantern48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bravely Default Worked normal here for me on BE 106
Is your game European or the USA version? Is there some special configuration you use?
I've tried a Europe and USA version and only get a black screen.

Both versions work fine on the Dirty build, but that has the Windows 10 shutdown in it.
I don't understand why it plays fine on the Dirty build, but won't work on the official Bleeding Edge.

Last edited by lantern48,

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is your game European or the USA version? Is there some special configuration you use?
I've tried a Europe and USA version and only get a black screen.

Both versions work fine on the Dirty build, but that has the Windows 10 shutdown in it.
I don't understand why it plays fine on the Dirty build, but won't work on the official Bleeding Edge.
Europe version, no special configuration running in-game at 60 fps spiked BE 106

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand that Bot.. the cheat merge is not even a Real Conflict and can go wright in for commit and Merging.
YGjL3P8.jpg

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Tried the new chinese build but it has no animations and runs the same as previous builds but except those builds do have animations...

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
C++ 14 (might want to prepare C++ 17 too?).
Depending on what you want to work on exactly you'll also want to lean Qt5, GL 3.3 Core and GLSL 330, possibly markdown. Doxygen is a plus but not necessary.
x64 or ARM assembly is obviously a huge benefit, but only matters in some areas of the emu. A strong knowledge of the 3DS Service APIs etc can also help.
Debugging knowledge with IDA Pro or something can also help if you want to extend documentation on 3dbrew (which is recommended).
Some changes also deal with yml for travis and appveyor.

If you are working problem-oriented you can actually get away without any C++ knowledge by the way. Some fixes turn out to be small issues so simply knowing how code flows is already enough to solve some issues.
Good bug reports are also very helpful and Citra has powerful debugging tools for debugging visual glitches. So you can also contribute without knowing how to code at all (simply by debugging the issues reported by others).

You should also lean how to use git properly (which will be necessary even for the smallest changes like fixing typos in the README.md).
If you are looking to contribute to the original Citra (which is recommended) you'll also want to have an IRC bouncer on hackint / #citra (which is were most development talk happens). You'll also require a github account for the PR and handling the review.

Reactions: arima0k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.