Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, the difference is negligible, only a meager 5% it is faster, and this is WITH a 100MHz advantage, if you take that away, there is only 2 to 3 % increase per clock per core, if even that.

Try to educate yourself first before claiming someone is wrong.

So if you have a 3.4GHz i5 3xxx vs a 4.0GHz 2500K, the 2500K is VASTLY superior to the 3xxx one. Simple.

QFT

OverClockable sandybridge CPU's are still relivant today. To the point its really not worth upgrading.

www cpubenchmark net

This place is a good indicator of STOCk speeds, both multithreaded and single threaded.
Whats good is you can use their software to compare your own CPU vs the compiled stock scores on their site.
This means som1 with an OC can compared their score vs other CPU's at stock.

My 3930k (sandybridge, so bassicaly a 2700k with more cores), runs at 4.6ghz with my current OC. It scores near as makes no differnece the same as a stock (4.3ghz) current generation i7 8600k on single thread performance, and in overall score it scores similar to a current gen i7 8700k (3.7ghz-4.7ghz).

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try my texscale build it has an auto FMV speedup builtin its not a general tickspeed hack as it specifically targets the video threads and speeds it up so the rest of the game stays stable. As for your question i remember valentincanelslande had something like that but idk.

On a side note heres what im working on :P
View attachment 113476

Just thought i'd post my initial experience with your build and the texture scaler, specificaly in Mhgen.

To put it simply, i think its great :D

I do notice some, unfortunate, side effects. It does a number on skin tones, adding in banding. but apart from that, it does make the game look better. I especialy like the enhancment and sharpening of hard textured shadows. particularly in Mhgen since 'proper' shadows dont work :(
It would be nice to have the ability to 'flag' specific textures so that the 'scaler' doesnt touch them (skin textures, so to avoid the banding) but apart form that i think it works well.
Does make some textures look like an oil painting but tbh i'd ratheri t look like an oil painting than what it originaly looked like :P

With the only exception being clouds in the sky, they look ...well they look terible on anything over 2x. The low res texture feathering is actualy 'ok' without the texture scaler, 2x makes it look more like a different 'style' but still 'ok' ..but beyond that it really does look bad. Which is ok, i find 2x is good enough. x6 does indeed make some textures look better, and brings out more clear definition in some textures, but the ones that dont like it ..REALLY dont like it :P Again, a texture 'flag' system , if possible, would work well.

The following images have the additional feature of have 32x CSAA + 8X SS via NVCP with citra rendering at 10x.

On a side note. performance is fine for me. 100% in town, :)

Attachments

• texture scaling test off AA.png
    texture scaling test off AA.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 322
  • texture scaling test onx2 AA.png
    texture scaling test onx2 AA.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 307
  • texture scaling test onx6 AA.png
    texture scaling test onx6 AA.png
    4 MB · Views: 303
  • texture scaling test2 off AA.png
    texture scaling test2 off AA.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 250
  • texture scaling test2 onx2 AA.png
    texture scaling test2 onx2 AA.png
    366.7 KB · Views: 280
  • texture scaling test2 onx6 AA.png
    texture scaling test2 onx6 AA.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by _Bojack_,
Reactions: Senjosei

shuparyno

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!
Can someone help me?
I'm using Citra on my Laptop, which is a bit weak...but something weird is happening
The game starts with solid 30fps, Speed 100% in native resolution, but after 10-12 minutes, it suddenly drops to 25-26fps in some games, 20-22fps in others
I've already checked the temperature of my cpu and gpu, and they aren't high
Is this normal?

CPU: i7 3537U 2.0GHz
GPU: GT 735M
RAM: 6GB

Builds i've tried:
Canary Oficial Build
Tachibana
*Citra_GCC7.2_Qt5.10.0_generic_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_GCC7.2_Qt5.10.0_SandyBridge_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_SandyBridge_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_generic_sandbox_20180118

edit* Games:
Metroid: Samus Retuns, Pokémon SUN/MOON

EDIT:
When i close and open Citra again, the game runs normal for another 10 minutes

Last edited by shuparyno,

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys!
Can someone help me?
I'm using Citra on my Laptop, which is a bit weak...but something weird is happening
The game starts with solid 30fps, Speed 100% in native resolution, but after 10-12 minutes, it suddenly drops to 25-26fps in some games, 20-22fps in others
I've already checked the temperature of my cpu and gpu, and they aren't high
Is this normal?

CPU: i7 3537U 2.0GHz
GPU: GT 735M
RAM: 6GB

Builds i've tried:
Canary Oficial Build
Tachibana
*Citra_GCC7.2_Qt5.10.0_generic_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_GCC7.2_Qt5.10.0_SandyBridge_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_SandyBridge_sandbox_20180118
*Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_generic_sandbox_20180118

edit* Games:
Metroid: Samus Retuns, Pokémon SUN/MOON

EDIT:
When i close and open Citra again, the game runs normal for another 10 minutes

Perhaps u have ur system set to adaptive performance mode, with ether system battery settings, or NVCP settings.
Maybe ur using up the available/allocated VRAM....

From what i can find on the 735m , it has 1Gb VRAM, and im sitting here in MhGen village using 1100mb VRAM, though i am running 10x native. Depending on the game u may have more or less VRAm usuage, it may increase over time as u load in more textures, causing a slow down when u have to start using system memory instead of dedicated VRAM.

Last edited by _Bojack_,
Reactions: shuparyno

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Naw, something is definitely wrong. I can hear the audio but it's not rendering the visuals. The log is full of red error codes. API ERROR 1282:GL ERROR Invalid Operation. I've got nothing else running. I have had this before with some builds. Not sure what it means. I'll do some searching.
Hmm. Iirc it has something to do with OpenGL. What's the specs? I want to check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember seeing this error before on Citra last 2016. Maybe we might have something in common.

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any1 know a build that works well with MH4U ?
tried:
Citra_GCC7.2_Qt5.10.0_generic_sandbox_20180118
Runs terribly.
and
Tachibana latest build, which works at about 50% speed in starting town (29-31FPS), and can barely manage 98-100%(60fps) in your characters 'home'.

Also if there is a build that works, does it have the option to force off the 3d effect ? Unlike MHGen, MH4U does NOT have an ingame option to disable 3d.

While i ofc have MH4U on my n3DS, the ability to play the game at full 60 fps on the PC is somthing i really wanan try, over MhGen which im currently playing, as its locked at 30.

Cheers

EDIT: I have tried Valentinvanelslande builds, and while they work with at lowest 5400 additional jit ticks, this adds what is imo unberable stuttering. Such stutter does not go away, or reduce significantly enough, untill 3500 additional ticks. I have tested with 0 additional ticks and its smooth as silk (better than 3500 ticks), but runs at 50% steed in village and around 75-90% out in the starter quest zones. I also increased verticies per thread from 10 to 100 (max) and that added 10% speed.
I think if it is possible to go beyond 100, it would help since I still have CPU performance headroom on the thread that seems to be being used for this option.

I also noted that at 3500 ticks or lower, FPS and emulation speed gets closer to a 2:1 ratio with FPS. ~50% emulation = ~30FPS, and 90% emulation is roughly 54 FPS. hence the much better 'smoothness' to the game vs having high additonal jit ticks. Alas the average emulation speed with 0-3500 ticks wasnt playable, ~70%.

Last edited by _Bojack_,

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, on the last canary build, We have working multiplayer on some games like Mario Party Star Rush, The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes, Monster Hunter Generations, Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry, PokemonXY, and VirtualConsole games (such as pokemon red/blue/gold/silver)

Do we already got a unnoficial build built on top of this one? Multiplayer + Good performance would be a blast :D

Slidingbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, on the last canary build, We have working multiplayer on some games like Mario Party Star Rush, The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes, Monster Hunter Generations, Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry, PokemonXY, and VirtualConsole games (such as pokemon red/blue/gold/silver)

Do we already got a unnoficial build built on top of this one? Multiplayer + Good performance would be a blast :D
https://github.com/valentinvanelslande/citra/releases he merges things fast lol

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested Pokemon X and Y multiplayer.
Won't do shit actually since you can't capture Pokemon normally. So for now, you can battle a hacked team against another hacked team(unless you have CFW or Homebrew and transfer the save file from the 3DS to Citra). Haven't tested trading though. Please do test by transferring a random pokemon to another trainer.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HAHAHAH SUPER FAST, thank you a lot Mr. Valentin

Can someone link me what is the differences between the two versions he posted?

I´m looking forward to test MH Gen or XX if anyone wants to reach me out on Discord my nick is RNabuco#4523 there

Last edited by RNabuco,

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hm gettin "unable to connect to host errors" on any try to join room on that build

just tried to join Fonariuz room and got the error "Unable to connect to the host, verify that the connection settings are correct"

Where can i find the connection settings to fix?

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Canary connects to some pokemon rooms but many others like monhun or unlisted preferred game - not

same as unofficial - it connects for pokeruby guy room but not for friend of mine or couple others

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upd - seems like we have some issues for hosting - cause at least XX coop lobby works at pokemon hosters room

anyone have links for proper server creatin guide?
psPHdJc.jpg
9vpAUA9.jpg

Last edited by midoraku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7