Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Joran2201

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Is there anyone who can suggest a build to run pokemon ORAS on a low end laptop? If at all possible.
Specs
CPU Type
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70-2.60 GHz
Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon R7 M260
Memory
2048 MB DDR3

I have the same processor on my laptop but I have more ram memory(6GB). And the ORAS is going well for me(100/100, 30fps)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (423).png
    Captura de pantalla (423).png
    85.1 KB · Views: 403

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does citra have frameskipping option anywhere ? How does citra handle different speeds in multi then ?

When i try to play when it goes below 100% then game slows down instead of dropping frames

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Does citra have frameskipping option anywhere ? How does citra handle different speeds in multi then ?

When i try to play when it goes below 100% then game slows down instead of dropping frames
Only in unofficial builds, specifically valentinvanelslande's build.

Imo, I don't like frameskipping since I got a decent specs on my laptop. Frameskipping is good for those who have poor PCs. But if use on a better and stronger PC, doesn't improve gameplay(alot of frames skip != smooth gameplay aka cut the frame to half of its actual frame). I had my fair share with frameskip on other emulators(VBA and No$GBA) and it doesn't look good to play though when I play it on my laptop. It was good back when I had a weak PC. So yeah.

Reactions: AceofZeroz

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
if you ppl have problem to connect to friend's multiplayer server - most common cause - NAT at router or system. Ask server holder to open port he uses to host at router or etc.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Imo, I don't like frameskipping since I got a decent specs on my laptop. Frameskipping is good for those who have poor PCs. But if use on a better and stronger PC, doesn't improve gameplay(alot of frames skip != smooth gameplay aka cut the frame to half of its actual frame). I had my fair share with frameskip on other emulators(VBA and No$GBA) and it doesn't look good to play though when I play it on my laptop. It was good back when I had a weak PC. So yeah.

Frame-skipping whole point is so that you don't play slowed down game because your hardware can't do 100%. Which is way worse than having inconsistent frame-rate. If you emulated game works on 100% speed then you shouldn't use frame-skipping in first place.
Also i don't think you are right. I just tried valentinvanelslande's build and it doesn't have it. Game is still slowed down.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
does anyone know if there is a discord server for monster hunter on citra?

I don't think there is, at least from what i tried to find. Frankly speaking i don't see many people playing online at all in Citra. And by many i don't mean 100s of people but like 20 max. and mostly pokemon.

Buy hey. If you are available now and have MHXX then i sure would love to try it just to see how it works in citra. PM me :)

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I´m also looking to playing MH on citra, @perkel my discord id is RNabuco#4523 i have MHXX but i´m the very beginning(my save is on Gen) if that is ok with you hit me up there and we play

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is, at least from what i tried to find. Frankly speaking i don't see many people playing online at all in Citra. And by many i don't mean 100s of people but like 20 max. and mostly pokemon.

Buy hey. If you are available now and have MHXX then i sure would love to try it just to see how it works in citra. PM me :)
Monster Hunter games change how they communicate locally based on how many people are connected, meaning they will work in citra with 2 people but not with more than 2.

Also someone asked about frameskipping. That doesn't work for the 3ds because games often reuse the framebuffer for different effects so we can't "just drop" a frame. We can choose to not draw the frame to the screen, but that's so fast already that you don't get much of a speed up if at all. So we removed it as it was essentially useless.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

valentinvanelslande's build doesn't have frame skipping, as far as I've seen no build does.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi i know this might be wrong thread for this but honestly i don't know where to hit for this.

With advent of Citra gaming i thought i would improve MHXX UI. I already managed to unpack everything but i can't unpack .arc files and all known methods to me don't work. I send message to guy who made tools for MHX/XX translation team but he seems to be offline for few days.

I got a link earlier which by many people account did the trick for them for MHX:
https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/

but for some reason it doesn't work for me. I tried to move file over those scripts and nothing happens.
There is no documentation in either github page nor files themselves so i kind of think there is some cmd command line for using them but i can't figure those out.

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i know this might be wrong thread for this but honestly i don't know where to hit for this.

With advent of Citra gaming i thought i would improve MHXX UI. I already managed to unpack everything but i can't unpack .arc files and all known methods to me don't work. I send message to guy who made tools for MHX/XX translation team but he seems to be offline for few days...

What improvements do you plan on MHXX UI? Making it smaller?

Lfer1227

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, I started using Tachibana for Ultra Sun but I'm getting slows to 85% and 25 fps outdoors. Is this normal? I'm pretty new to builds in general so Idk lol.
I believe my laptop is capable to run it 100% (may be wrong too tho)
Intel i7-8550
16 Ram
Intel hd 620 graphics card

EDIT: Tachibana has been the build that has worked best so far

Last edited by Lfer1227,

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I started using Tachibana for Ultra Sun but I'm getting slows to 85% and 25 fps outdoors. Is this normal? I'm pretty new to builds in general so Idk lol.
I believe my laptop is capable to run it 100% (may be wrong too tho)
Intel i7-8550
16 Ram
Intel hd 620 graphics card

EDIT: Tachibana has been the build that has worked best so far

So i cant comment on that game specificaly, but iv been trying to optimse settings for MH4U and i've found the following tweeks help. (though in the case of MH4U, are not enough to be smoothly playable imo)

Set Verticies Per Thread from 10 to 90-100(test which is better)
Set jit addticks as low as u can to maintain 100% emulation speed. so if ur at stock (~10500 iirc) and getting 85% speed, then increase it to gain that extra 15% emulation speed u need to hit 100%.
Also if you havnt already, try setting 'steroscopic controller' settings to left or right eye only, moving the bar a tiny amount above minimum.

Note: The higher add ticks is, the lower the indicated fps will be and the more choppy gameplay will feel, but it will atleast increase emulation speed. Add ticks is essentialy a frame skipper.

Reactions: Lfer1227

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
upres ui elements so it won't be so pixelated anymore.. I don't think making it smaller is possible without actually getting source code.
It seems you're trying to mod Monster Hunter XX by upscaling UI. Trying to upscale normally by editing the game's data might/won't be possible unless you edit the code and able to replace the low res to high. Anyways, there's an upscale build made by Senjosei which upscales any texture. Go use that. Although, if you use that, games will run slow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It might be possible though. What's the file name and what format does it use?

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news, people. The update with GPU rendering will be out soon. From what I understand its already complete, but there are bugs with AMD drivers. Devs are thinking of pushing it out even if AMD bug is not fixed. So get ready for performance improvements! It should be out in few days.

Last edited by asferot,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Good news, people. The update with GPU rendering will be out soon. From what I understand its already complete, but there are bugs with AMD drivers. Devs are thinking of pushing it out even if AMD bug is not fixed. So get ready for performance improvements! It should be out in few days.
Git hype!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o