Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hopefully someone finds a hack to unlock 60fps in MHXX. It runs on same engine mostly using same assets, animations etc. And i doubt game doesn't support 60fps internally it is just that they capped framerate for some reason.

PSP mh 3rd had hack that could unlock 60fps but most of animations and timers etc, worked twice as fast. Though moving character and weapon animations worked normally...

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully someone finds a hack to unlock 60fps in MHXX. It runs on same engine mostly using same assets, animations etc. And i doubt game doesn't support 60fps internally it is just that they capped framerate for some reason.

PSP mh 3rd had hack that could unlock 60fps but most of animations and timers etc, worked twice as fast. Though moving character and weapon animations worked normally...

Myea. The big problem with unlocking framerates in most games is that the game logic is tied to the capped FPS. We still see this crap even on PC. I do wonder if any games on 3DS can be uncapped safely.

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I have thought about it too. None of the Monster Hunter games actually run at full speed all the time on real 3DS hardware, but they do not go slow-mo when they dip FPS very low.

I actually tinkered with Valentin's jit tick values and was finally able to produce something close to OG 3DS, so until the game is in full emulation, I'll be playing this way. Thanks for the response, though.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
@Senjosei Yo. So will the next xBRZ PR be able to upscale all of the textures?
The last build, I got good improvement from this image. But I'm kinda disturbed at the background texture.
upload_2018-2-28_23-36-2.png

Same goes to UI which I modded from 16x256 to 256x256.
unknown.png

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somewhat unrelated, but what did devs do with latest official version? It seems like people are having lowered performance on them.

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat unrelated, but what did devs do with latest official version? It seems like people are having lowered performance on them.
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think it was at some point when they updated Citra to render more of the effects properly. It caused more calculations, thus lower speeds. But then I don't think they really had a solution for regaining that speed up until this mysterious GPU renderer, but I'm not sure when that is happening yet.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Is there a link for the latest unofficial build that works for older computers?
They all work on older computers. Except the builds that are for specific CPU. What exactly do you mean by older?
Maybe he's talking about the 32 Bits builds that lacked Shader JIT and were extremely slow?
If that's the case then, those builds are not posted over here @JacobJJJ. They're floating around Youtube.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe he's talking about the 32 Bits builds that lacked Shader JIT and were extremely slow?
If that's the case then, those builds are not posted over here @JacobJJJ. They're floating around Youtube.
BTW. Those 32 bit Citra Emulator builds that float around the internet is more shit. So no hope of playing it at full speed. But if you want to play a game that is 1-3FPS, I could send you the build since I've been storing past builds from 2016.

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jroweboy any updates when that gpu feature will be pr'ed and how is DSP LLE coming?
i'm writing the blog post for it. had an intel bug that was fixed a few days ago. amd is pretty spotty, most games crash the driver, but a few work. OoT and MM are slower with it on, but SM3DL and NSMB2 are both double speed with it on.

wwylele is busy with school, so DSP LLE is on pause. he has a mostly working emulator for the chip, but now he needs to reverse engineer how MMIO works with it and rewrite how citra will interface with it.

Is there a reason for the Nightly Builds to not get the current version of the performance boosting feature..?

planning on having texture cache rework and multiplayer merged before glvtx goes live.

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm writing the blog post for it. had an intel bug that was fixed a few days ago. amd is pretty spotty, most games crash the driver, but a few work. OoT and MM are slower with it on, but SM3DL and NSMB2 are both double speed with it on.

wwylele is busy with school, so DSP LLE is on pause. he has a mostly working emulator for the chip, but now he needs to reverse engineer how MMIO works with it and rewrite how citra will interface with it.

planning on having texture cache rework and multiplayer merged before glvtx goes live.
I'd love to see that speed improvement in 3D Land :)

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see that speed improvement in 3D Land :)

i5 6700k @ 4.0 & gtx 1070

before
https://i.imgur.com/1rMtZK0.png

after
https://i.imgur.com/lEhLLHx.png

after (with accurate shaders turned off)
https://i.imgur.com/P07kXag.png

accurate shaders are only needed on a few games and it comes at a performance cost :P not looking forward to citras first speed hack ;-; wish there was a better way, but accurate shaders kill performance on intel and they are 40% of the user base.

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
i5 6700k @ 4.0 & gtx 1070

before
https://i.imgur.com/1rMtZK0.png

after
https://i.imgur.com/lEhLLHx.png

after (with accurate shaders turned off)
https://i.imgur.com/P07kXag.png

accurate shaders are only needed on a few games and it comes at a performance cost :P not looking forward to citras first speed hack ;-; wish there was a better way, but accurate shaders kill performance on intel and they are 40% of the user base.

Can you give an estimation of the release?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7