Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow when was i last here. Great to see citra get a massive speed boost not so much to see people shit on the work citra devs have done. Thats why i dont do unifficial build videos no more cos i understand what them devs are saying and how it effects them.

Reactions: Sandder9

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Keishiayy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone here could help me shine a light on how to enable DLC quest in MHXX?
I've tried using a powersave to see if it had the dlc, and it did. So the dlc are in fact, in the rom. However, I do not know how to make them available on my legit save. I don't know if it's a simple value that would require hex editing, but even if it is, I don't know how to determinate what value it is, I'm not very smart when it comes to that stuff.

EDIT : Creating a new save slot or importing one of the save (built in feature of mhxx) on the powersave show the DLC list.

Last edited by Keishiayy,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Anyone here could help me shine a light on how to enable DLC quest in MHXX?
I've tried using a powersave to see if it had the dlc, and it did. So the dlc are in fact, in the rom. However, I do not know how to make them available on my legit save. I don't know if it's a simple value that would require hex editing, but even if it is, I don't know how to determinate what value it is, I'm not very smart when it comes to that stuff.

EDIT : Creating a new save slot or importing one of the save (built in feature of mhxx) on the powersave show the DLC list.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't use DLCs with Citra yet.

Keishiayy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't use DLCs with Citra yet.

https://i.imgur.com/7WbEsfH.jpg
On the powersave it shows up, and it plays just fine, some equipements make the game crash tho.

Edit : We played thru some dlc quest just fine. Wish I knew how to turn them on on my normal save. I won't play on that crappy save edited save.

Edit 2 : Further testing proved that the dlc gear doesn't crash the game, it seems to be imported gear from MhGen

Reactions: AceofZeroz

_BW_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So... How much gpu power one needs to render astalos at any res other than native without fps drops (also flashbombs and roars).

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... How much gpu power one needs to render astalos at any res other than native without fps drops (also flashbombs and roars).

From what I have seen, it is still not dependent on GPU but CPU. Even on decent GPU but older CPU there are slowdowns.
Unless you need the latest 1080 Ti. But that would be BS.

Keishiayy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I run 100% against him with my gtx 1070 and i5 4690, slight drop when he roar , to around 90%

But as Asferot said it's still a lot cpu dependent

Forgot to mention I'm running x8 native

_BW_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah good to know then. Was puzzled about the exact cause as I had not met such massive fps yet. Just by looking at him I go down to 20-25(from a max unlocked speed of 70ish) and as soon a neon lights show goes on, it gets as bad as 15. Normal speed at native however so all good in the end. Thanks for replying.

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@_BW_
for me astalos is around 85-90+% speed on x2-x4 res on start of battle 75-80% speed charged with slowdowns down to 70% and lover on roars on first canary with gpu rendering on i7 2600k~4.2Gz + 660ti

on same canary but with addition of ticks hack i stopped gettin noticable sound an game slowdown when fps was on pretty same number (maximum +5-10% game speed depending on part of battle) so its just "feels" better overall.
later on this build i switched to geometry on CPU for gettin rid of graphic glitches and now it feels better but speed/fps numbers i wasnt watchin to say for sure. I have 2 videos of same quest recorded on day of release gpu-citra dunno if you need it thou.

660ti wasnt loaded over 60-70% mostly on x2-x5 res btw so yeah - i think its still more CPU dependant but gpu render for sure did roars of most other monsters almost non-laggin.
Full load of this old gpu i got in mh4u on x4 res.

Reactions: AceofZeroz

_BW_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@midoraku

Watched the videos and oh my, those are some pretty good numbers. My friend who I was playing with had one bit of slowdown when things got chaotic but she is no good for comparison here because her PC is too far on the good end for me to speculate which component made the difference( threadripper 1950x + 1080ti). In any case, I have a better idea now, thank you.

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
and yea~ forgot to mention - dunno if it really have impact on emu speed but in NV profile inspector i did some changes in settings for citra long time ago
2018-03-19_00-27-33.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Couldnt sleep that well last night