Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I just recalled that a few years ago, Dwedit made some fixes to a couple of GBA games (WarioWare and the Advance Wars titles) to stop them from using a loop which keeps the CPU at 100% at all times. After testing WarioWare on my New 3DS and finding the performance unplayably slow, I applied Dwedit's patch (USA ROM) and found the game now runs fullspeed. There are some minor graphical flaws, but barring anything more severe cropping up later, this seems like it would make the game entirely playable. I didn't test the Advance Wars games at all, but they would likely get a similar boost assuming that they run.

Reactions: shinyquagsire23

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For so far i have tested every pokemon game runs slowly. In Fire Red it also give the error of not having a M1 circuit board installed.

still doesnt work though, i replaced and tried a re-install, still white screen :(
You could try a clean install fully taking of the stuff that is not needed to normely run your 3ds/n3ds and installing it again. If you however already tried this disregard what i said

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There we go tested all the gba games i had on my SD now on to the rest. yarhar didilidy

Attachments

• citragb tested games (ironhax).txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 434

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we're throwing around patches, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7529991#post7529991 for Fire Red might help with CPU usage. Haven't tried it personally, might do it now just for curiositie's sake. Also with that code you could probably Ctrl+F the same unpatched bytes in Emerald (maybe Ruby?) and find the same loops to change in those games.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
While we're throwing around patches, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7529991#post7529991 for Fire Red might help with CPU usage. Haven't tried it personally, might do it now just for curiositie's sake. Also with that code you could probably Ctrl+F the same unpatched bytes in Emerald (maybe Ruby?) and find the same loops to change in those games.

If you had to say, What kind of speeds would you expect the emulator to provide for the original 3DS system in the near/far future

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again... This emulator is going to run just about everything slowly. And not everything is going to work. If you're trying to run a game and it white screens, that game isn't going to work.

When you're testing to see if your emulator works, run a game someone has gotten to actually boot up, slow or not. That'll give you definitive proof it works. In my case, I used Megaman Battle Network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol