Clannad will be getting a localized release on Nintendo Switch early next month

clannad.jpg

The classic Key visual novel, Clannad, will be making its way to the Nintendo Switch. Prototype will be in charge of bringing the game to the Switch platform in full 1080p, while also adding a touchscreen-only control method. Clannad previously released on Steam in 2015, with Sekai Project officially translating the Japanese visual novel into English for the first time. The Switch port will release on July 4th, and will retail for $44.99.

:arrow: Source

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, just yesterday I found myself searching for any plans to localize a Key VN for Switch, and was disappointed to not find any. Guess I should have waited a day!

Reactions: Scarlet

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When someone doesnt understand

We are adding touch screen controls

We are adding touch screen only controls

So tell me when touch screen only controls are added how are you to use touch screen when docked this get 1080p.

Portable only supports 720.

So again to my initial post its fucked up as it cant have touch screen only controls can it if you have the option of other controls.

Thats like getting a penut butter sandwich and saying its only penut butter, but you find it also has jam.

If its got touch screen only controls yet supports normal contols then its not touch screen only

Dude, u are prizeless. Touchscreen only is meant for handheld mode where you could also use those joycons, u know? So there is a mode wich prevents you from getting input from a joycon you are not using (its on and for example got the strafe bug).
Edit: They never linked 1080p to touchcotrolls only. If they said that, then your "rant" would be understandable. But right now, your the laughingstock of this thread, dude.

Last edited by 71r3n,
Reactions: DarthDub and Chary

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I mean people paid 10$ more than what tropical freeze originally launched for on the WiiU back in 2014 to get 1080p resolution and Funky Kong. Heck, the title was a WiiU select title being sold for 20. A brand new switch copy was half the price of a Refurb WiiU + Nintendo Select Copy of Tropical Freeze. Which really scales how much of a bad value the switch version was.
But I'm sure it sold well..

This game is 45 bucks on pretty much every platform, including Steam. Niche games tend to be on the more expensive side since the target audience is smaller and is often willing to pay more for quality games, just look at stuff like shmups. Plus the game is well over 50 hours, possibly over 100 judging by Steam reviews, so it's not like it isn't worth it if you're new to it.
That is surprising to say the least. But you are right, it really is still on 45 bucks since 2015! Wow.

While I agree that it shouldn't cost $60, that length metric is insanely dumb. The original Legend of Zelda was 1/8 the size of Link's Awakening, yet it was a console game. Length of the game is also not directly correlated to code length, otherwise modern games would be around 20,000 times as long as the RPGs of the SNES generation.

In that sense, the FFVII remake should cost $400 as it takes a very long time to get everything and it is on 2 bluray discs.
Yeah, I get what you two mean. Of course I wasn't that serious about that fact and you can't compare it to all games out there. But with that little change on the gameplay side it's more then sassy of Nintendo to want that much money for a remake in 2019. I see the visual improvement and I will buy it for sure, but the price just doesn't sit right with me.

Reactions: Jonna

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I get what you two mean. Of course I wasn't that serious about that fact and you can't compare it to all games out there. But with that little change on the gameplay side it's more then sassy of Nintendo to want that much money for a remake in 2019. I see the visual improvement and I will buy it for sure, but the price just doesn't sit right with me.
I would have argued about the amount of effort and vast changes made would justify the price to a AAA title price, but then I remembered that the entire Crash Bandicoot remastered TRILOGY came out at a cheaper price, so now I don't know what to think.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would have argued about the amount of effort and vast changes made would justify the price to a AAA title price, but then I remembered that the entire Crash Bandicoot remastered TRILOGY came out at a cheaper price, so now I don't know what to think.
Right, it's even a trilogy. Not the triple effort because everything runs on the same engine, that much is true, but still. Well, long story short: The price was reasonable.

Other examples would be the ICO + SotC collection, the more recent Spyro collection.. even the fresh released Bloodstained. I could go on. Really love the game, but 40 - 45 Euro would have been understandable.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it cant have touch screen only controls can it if you have the option of other controls

I would interpret it as an optional mode being added where buttons are not needed / won’t do anything.

As opposed to e.g. having to press Start to bring up a menu you can select from by touch, or being able to move a character by pressing where to go, but allowing running by holding a button.

Picross e on the 3DS has a choice of two control schemes: stylus (hold a button to select filling or crossing out, then touch the square to do that action) or *button-only* (move cursor with d-pad, pressing button fills/crosses the square, *touching screen has no effect*).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo