Gaming COD and Goldeneye Online services shutdown?

OcZi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Peru
The nintendo servers in video games and channels were disconnected, but activision kept the servers of all the games in the call of duty series (with the exception of world at war) and goldeneye 007, however now that the wii shop will be disconnected, activision Will he be forced to do the same because it is the only source to update call of duty black ops and modern warfare 3?
(without third party programs)

Sorry if it is not understood, I am using a translator

BadBot21

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
COD games uses Activision's servers for online mode so even tho the store is getting closed it will not affect them.

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The nintendo servers in video games and channels were disconnected, but activision kept the servers of all the games in the call of duty series (with the exception of world at war) and goldeneye 007, however now that the wii shop will be disconnected, activision Will he be forced to do the same because it is the only source to update call of duty black ops and modern warfare 3?
(without third party programs)

Sorry if it is not understood, I am using a translator

AFAIK, the update were handled in-game, so no need for nintendo servers other than, maybe, getting a ally-code

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's a bit strange, since the game needs the wii shop channel with the latest version to be able to update, it has happened to me
The newer CoD titles have a large extra safe file that seemingly was about DLC (which never came). I don't think it's related but I could be wrong.
Anyway it's the first time I have heard the Wii Eshop is connected to the games in any way. I didn't have the latest Eshop Updates until recently and was still able to play the games.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The online experience of Goldeneye leaves a lot to be desired due to a low framerate (depends on the connection though) and a ridiculous amount of Aim Assist when Aiming Down Sight. Luckily, it can be turned off in the local (i.e. offline) game modes but the lack of Bots hurts (compare that to 6 bots in Nightfire or even much more in Timesplitters 2/3 for Gamecube).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpbRlIfowM&pp=ygUnQW5kIG5vIExpdHRsZSB0aW1teSBnbHVlZCB0byBoaXMgY3Jp...