Hacking Coding vWii 3-core support - everything you need to know.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

officialjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

officialjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code for that is in the "tests" branch of the "default" git repository on the googlecode page ;)
https://code.google.com/p/gbadev/source/browse/?name=tests

EDIT : actually, on the "changes" section of the that branch, SPRdump0 would be the last commit on Jan 9th. The test that it shows on Jan 14th was this DOL which gives just a little bit more information.

i have two questions (and forgive me for not being familiar with this):
1. in the last line of the memory dump (currently line #707 of powerpc_elf.c), where we print the MSR value, is the memory address offset supposed to be the same as L2CR(1017)'s? if so, is it because the value at L2CR is copied to MSR?

2. at the start of the memory dump, are we invalidating enough bits on line #690? should we be invalidating more than 256 bits? since we are reading 11 (or possibly 12, depending on the answer to question 1) 32-bit values, seems like we should be invalidating 252 (or 384) bits?

again, i'm not very familiar with this and would appreciate any insights anyone has to explain my (mis)understanding.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i have two questions (and forgive me for not being familiar with this):
1. in the last line of the memory dump (currently line #707 of powerpc_elf.c), where we print the MSR value, is the memory address offset supposed to be the same as L2CR(1017)'s? if so, is it because the value at L2CR is copied to MSR?

2. at the start of the memory dump, are we invalidating enough bits on line #690? should we be invalidating more than 256 bits? since we are reading 11 (or possibly 12, depending on the answer to question 1) 32-bit values, seems like we should be invalidating 252 (or 384) bits?

again, i'm not very familiar with this and would appreciate any insights anyone has to explain my (mis)understanding.

1. Oh thanks. I'll have to look at that then. I thought it was odd that the MSR value both had unused bits set AND had a bit in 0 that I thought I had already set and spent some time reading through the processor documentation trying to figure out what the heck that meant >.< (it's one of the hazzards of copy and paste, I guess ... oops)

2. That is actually measured in bytes, not bits and I was leaving 64(1<<6)bytes of space for each core and with 4 bytes per 32-bit value I was only using 48 bytes each for 12 values IIRC.

Thanks for looking over that. Two sets of eyes are always better than one. ;)

EDIT :
ok, here's the fixed version of that if anyone's interested
http://vwii.idfbest.com/upload/SPRdump1.dol

Reactions: Ray Lewis

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Maxternal's money has to go through a few bank transfers before he gets it. This reminds me of Yoshi's Island. The banks are the Yoshis, the cash is Baby Mario, Maxternal is the parent and the cyberthieves are the toadies. ;)

does this mean maxternal is finally getting a wii u?? or are you just woffleing on some next random thing!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..