Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just to hold the lock and home button when the Apple logo was there for 10 seconds, and after that, you had to let go of the lock button while holding to home button until your computer recognized your device. You didn't really have to start off, since holding the two buttons shuts down any iOS device by force.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Slave said:
Would be nice to add in the tutorial for the newly released Greenpois0n that, if your device is already JB, at the end you will NOT have the loader as mentioned in the tuto... I was looking for it all over and couldnt...

But I rebooted and it worked marvelously ;-)

Unrealted Question: am I the only one have the worst difficulty to turn off my damn iPad??

The Tuto says to turn it off... which I do... I plug it into my PC it turns itself back on... I try to shut it back down, it doesnt work, if I hold the shut down and the home together the ipad reboots, doesnt turn back Off... I had more problems turning the ipad off than jailbreaking it. Seriously!
Added.
smile.gif

To enter DFU Mode, you should have your iPad connected to your computer prior to turning it off.
wink.gif

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
i have a IPhone4 Jailbroken on 4.1.... i would like to update it to 4.2.1 and jailbreak it....but i dont want to lose the apps/games i have on it. Is there a way to back them up please on my pc..so then i can jailbreak and then copy my apps/games back across to it?

also my cousin has a iphone 3g..its on 4.2.1...and he wants to jailbreak it, but this new greenpoison doesnt support 3g. How can he go about getting it on a firmware so that he can jailbreak it please? does he need to downgrade it and if so, how does he do this?

thanks for your help

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
hi,
i have a IPhone4 Jailbroken on 4.1.... i would like to update it to 4.2.1 and jailbreak it....but i dont want to lose the apps/games i have on it. Is there a way to back them up please on my pc..so then i can jailbreak and then copy my apps/games back across to it?

also my cousin has a iphone 3g..its on 4.2.1...and he wants to jailbreak it, but this new greenpoison doesnt support 3g. How can he go about getting it on a firmware so that he can jailbreak it please? does he need to downgrade it and if so, how does he do this?

thanks for your help
You can sync your iPhone to make a backup of your purchased App Store apps. Then restore your phone, and use that backup when prompted.

Although your cousin can't use greenpois0n, he can use redsn0w for an untethered jailbreak.
smile.gif

On an unrelated note, I will soon add added rudimentary (but correct) instructions to update an iPhone 4 while preserving the baseband.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi dialexio..
thanks for info.... but because my phone is already jailbroken.. hardly any apps/games are legit (ahem ahem) so i wont be able to use itunes to back them up
frown.gif
is there any other way ?

my cousin used redsnow to jailbreak the 3g on 4.2.1 but its only tethered. I think he needs to downgrade to 4.1 so that he can get a untethered jailbreak?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to disappoint, but iFish and I don't condone App Store piracy. (We'd also appreciate keeping it out of this thread.
wink.gif
)

By how it sounds, your cousin must have an iPhone 3GS, which can be jailbroken with greenpois0n. (The iPhone 3G never had a tethered jailbreak.)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an iPhone 3G and I'm already jailbroken (years now) on 3.1.2, I want to go to 4.0+ preferably 4.1+, I see a few different ways to do it there, is one preferred over the other?
unsure.gif

so redsn0w or PwnageTool? I've used redsn0w in the past, and it worked but it sure was a bitch! (Compared to using blackra1n several times for friends)

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
In your case, I would suggest using either PwnageTool or sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW of iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1. (iOS 4.1 seems to have battery issues, while iOS 4.2.1 offers a malfunctioning task switcher; other than that, there are barely any differences.)

The reason I suggest using a custom IPSW is doing so preserves the baseband. It'll allow the phone to be unlocked, which can be useful to you (or a future owner, should you sell it). If you don't give a crap about the baseband, feel free to use redsn0w (but be warned, the options have grown unruly since you last touched it
tongue.gif
).

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange bug that's developed on my iPod since I updated to 4.2 GreenPois0n. Occasionally my iPod will list items that should be hidden e.g. iOS Diag, SBSettings and (oddly for an iPod 3G) the Camera app. Doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it and I'm keeping my eye for things that might be causing it. Its usually when Cydia's been failing due to server overloads.
Picture.png

iPod functions fine just has those extra Apps in the homescreen list.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've made a minor update to the guide for greenpois0n RC5 b4 (iPhone 4 CDMA model support!).

Sop said:
Where did you get that background in the greenpoison one from?
What do you mean? If you're asking how I got the Aero border, I used ZScreen. (ZScreen's GUI isn't the prettiest, but it produces pretty results.)

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Feb 7 2011, 09:18 AM) Strange bug that's developed on my iPod since I updated to 4.2 GreenPois0n. Occasionally my iPod will list items that should be hidden e.g. iOS Diag, SBSettings and (oddly for an iPod 3G) the Camera app. Doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it and I'm keeping my eye for things that might be causing it. Its usually when Cydia's been failing due to server overloads.
Picture.png

iPod functions fine just has those extra Apps in the homescreen list.
I'm not sure what causes this, but I know it's not exclusive to 4.2.1. I think it's a problem with libhide. As alidsl said, a respring will alleviate that problem.
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just getting a white screen with greenpois0n rc5 saying jailbreak failed

I have a ipod touch 2G
iBoot-240.4

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4th time it installed however Ive hit another road block

Ive used the loader app to download cydia but I was presented with a message there wasnt enough space on the ipod (which is bs since there is 6.6GB free) anyway cydia appears in the menu but doesnt do anything, just freezes and goes back to the lock screen

Ive tried redownloading it but get an error its already installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk