dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a bunch of NDS and GBA roms that I need to compress to .7z files. Is there a rom zipper (or anything for that matter) that I can use to create multiple 7z archives from a directory of files? I had a cmd script that I wrote and it was working fine until a recent update from microsoft (running Vista Ultimate 64) and now it's not working at all, it just closes with no error messages and nothing done:

CODE@echo off
setlocal

REM Location of 7z.exe
set exe=c:\program files\7-zip\7z.exe

REM Location of root folder
set root=.\

for /F "tokens=* usebackq" %%G in (`dir "%root%" /A:D /B`) do (
"%exe%" a -t7z "%root%\%%G.7z" "%root%\%%G" -mx0 > NUL
if exist "%root%\%%G.7z" echo rd /s /q "%root%\%%G"
)

endlocal

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I wrote this util quickly a while ago to do the same thing you're looking for. It doesn't look very pretty but it works. The box in the bottom left corner let's you apply a filter to the file list, the rest is pretty straight forward. It names the 7z file the same with the same name as the file being compressed minus the extension.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8dbbb3/n/Quick7z_rar

edit : Oh yeah, it 7zips everything in the file list box. There's no way to select individual files apart from setting the file filter to the file name you want 7zipped.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
upon further inspection, I noticed this app compresses the entire path inside of the 7z file instead of just the rom. I will have to just put them on the root of a drive to get it to put them in without the full path.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dohclude said:
upon further inspection, I noticed this app compresses the entire path inside of the 7z file instead of just the rom. I will have to just put them on the root of a drive to get it to put them in without the full path.

Never even noticed it was doing it. Give me a half hour to update DSFCC/EZ-Trim release lists and I'll see if I can fix it for you.

edit : Fixed version http://www.filefactory.com/file/2edffc/n/Quick7z_rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2